A few Qs to test you experts out there...

Reaction score
I'm trying to answer a few questions about the Phantom 2. I'm a bit uncertain and I need clarification from you much more experienced pilots. Hope you can throw some light my way...

Aircraft control frequency 2.4Ghz, ISM 120mA at 3.7V
What is the power output (in mW)?

I have an ImmersionRC Tx 600mW delivering on 5.8Ghz. I've been told that the maximum permissible power output for 5.8Ghz is 25mW.

What does this imply? Does it mean 600mW is not legal?

I discovered a YouTube film evidencing an altitude flight at 10,000ft amsl (obviously, endurance and performance were severely compromised).
Is this the highest record? What would be a more realistic maximum operating ceiling?

Happy Flying everyone....

Aircraft control frequency 2.4Ghz, ISM 120mA at 3.7V
What is the power output (in mW)? 4.44mW

I have an ImmersionRC Tx 600mW delivering on 5.8Ghz. I've been told that the maximum permissible power output for 5.8Ghz is 25mW.

What does this imply? Does it mean 600mW is not legal? You need a HAM license for anything FPV in the US unless it is FCC part 15 compliant.

I discovered a YouTube film evidencing an altitude flight at 10,000ft amsl (obviously, endurance and performance were severely compromised).
Is this the highest record? What would be a more realistic maximum operating ceiling? 400 feet

Reactions: scarlett1
Jason, thanks for the quick reply and the answers to my Qs. Much appreciated.

How did you work out the 4.44mW answer?

I should have mentioned I'm in the UK, so still uncertain of the 5.8Ghz/ 600mW / 25mW question?

I know 400ft is the requirement to work within. But in terms of altitude, say where the flight is at a site already high above sea level. What is a more realistic altitude at which thePhantom 2 could still function effectively?

.120 amps x 3.70 volts= 444mW
But this appears to be the supply requirements.

RF transmit power is not derived from volts x amps.

Didn't look close enough at the answer to see that I had place the decimal in the wrong spot.

Jason, thanks for the quick reply and the answers to my Qs. Much appreciated.

How did you work out the 4.44mW answer?

I should have mentioned I'm in the UK, so still uncertain of the 5.8Ghz/ 600mW / 25mW question?

I know 400ft is the requirement to work within. But in terms of altitude, say where the flight is at a site already high above sea level. What is a more realistic altitude at which thePhantom 2 could still function effectively?

I believe the CAA requirement for FPV is 25 mW check their ruling on the subject.

I believe the CAA requirement for FPV is 25 mW check their ruling on the subject.

All this guidance is great. Many thanks.
I think what I really need to clarify is:

What is the power output (in mW) of the 2.4Ghz DJI stock transmitter for the P2?

I can't seem to find the definitive answer on their website, etc?

What is the power output (in mW) of the 2.4Ghz DJI stock transmitter for the P2?

Look at the label on the back of your controller the average working current <100mA x 3.7v = < 370mW. Now in the manual the working current [email protected]. I'd use the info on the sticker as a reference.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj