tst (20 of 50)_Snapseed.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 1,414
  • tst (20 of 50)_Snapseed.jpg
    tst (20 of 50)_Snapseed.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 1,399
Re: A Few Pics that wanted to share: really impressed with O

Very nice images.

Its really a shame, but the artifacts and noise in the sky are totally unacceptable. Do you have your ISO set to 100 and not auto. My experience is that the camera on this phantom does ok when Iso is at 100, wb is manual, exposure is -.3 or .7.

These shots are composed well and interesting, but the technical quality is not good.

Nice...

hilljf said:
Its really a shame, but the artifacts and noise in the sky are totally unacceptable. Do you have your ISO set to 100 and not auto. My experience is that the camera on this phantom does ok when Iso is at 100, wb is manual, exposure is -.3 or .7.

These shots are composed well and interesting, but the technical quality is not good.

Nothing to do with ISO and everything to do with Post Processing Over Sharpening.

Zombie Taco said:
hilljf said:

Agreed. I wonder if the "very nice images" folks are just glancing at the photos on a tiny phone screen.

woobisah said:
Nothing to do with ISO and everything to do with Post Processing Over Sharpening./quote]

Disagree. Looking at photo #2 bottom right corner, normal size, there are compression artifacts that are unrelated to sharpening.

Sigh.. They look like water reflections to me.. and the original quote was about the sky as well.

Ok don't have time to educate.

The pic's are horrible. But had the mode & settings been included it would better explain why things are so bad.

Hurry up and get us a 4k camera dji!

Brutal crowd we have in this thread.

The photos are very well shot. I do agree that the camera is just not good for taking photos as you can see the artifacts. Its not the OP that DJI included a poor camera

The camera isn't poor. You just have to know its limitations and how to best work around those.

Check out Meta4's aerial photos (all shot with the DJI camera):
http://abovephotos.smugmug.com/AP

The OP's photos are pretty awesome for just getting started. I'm sure they'll get better over time.

msinger said:
The camera isn't poor. You just have to know its limitations and how to best work around those.

Check out Meta4's aerial photos (all shot with the DJI camera):
http://abovephotos.smugmug.com/AP

The OP's photos are pretty awesome for just getting started. I'm sure they'll get better over time.

The OP's composition's are terrific, they are just over processed. The camera doesn't have the sensor the size of a full frame or even APS-C camera so jamming 14mp into that size sensor if going to have some problems, especially in low light. But you can definitely get some great shots with this camera.

You can checkout the EXIF data from his photos and see they were processed in Snapseed and had a F-Stop of 2.8 and Shutter Speed of 1/2000. Center-Weighted and everything set to normal.

Being able to have full manual mode for the camera would be a great firmware upgrade. Taking a landscape shot at F2.8 in bright sunlight is definitely not optimal. Plus you could get some great effects with shutter speed control as well at night or even during the day. Of course with the gimbal movements this just might not be doable.

flyNfrank said:
The pic's are horrible. But had the mode & settings been included it would better explain why things are so bad.

Didn't your mother tell you "if you don't have anything nice to say then do say anything at all" ....?????

What's the point of your rude comment

Nice job, keep up the good work! Don't understand why others here have to tear down all that doesn't meet their exacting standards. This is not a forum for professional photographers and the equipment that we're using (fc200 camera), is quite limited. That being said, I think they're nice shots and thank you for sharing.

HeisenbergAR15 said:
flyNfrank said:

Didn't your mother tell you "if you don't have anything nice to say then do say anything at all" ....?????

What's the point of your rude comment

+1,000

member gets in the air, and happy with results, posts and gets crap????

I'm frozen in for a few days and wish I could get out...

I've been on many forums for many years and have learned "etiquette" which is treat and respond as you want to be addressed....

woobisah said:
hilljf said:

Nothing to do with ISO and everything to do with Post Processing Over Sharpening.
Agreed

The pictures were oversharpened in post edit and layers not properly isolated before editing

Agree, nice shots, but too much sharpening post picture resulting in grainy effect. Maybe ease off the sharpening and post again, possibly even de-noise too? The point is you got the shot, you like it, others may not and you won't please everyone.

P2V+ ignores all camera settings made in the smartphone app.

I had my copter sent to DJI in order to be "repaired" because the white balance settings didn't stick.
Long (very long) story short, my dealer confirmed that DJI told him that no matter what you set in the app, the camera just continues on Auto (for ISO, white balance and shutter speed).
I feel cheated by DJI and want my money back!

mr_quatson said:
P2V+ ignores all camera settings made in the smartphone app.

I had my copter sent to DJI in order to be "repaired" because the white balance settings didn't stick.
Long (very long) story short, my dealer confirmed that DJI told him that no matter what you set in the app, the camera just continues on Auto (for ISO, white balance and shutter speed).
I feel cheated by DJI and want my money back!
So send it back for a refund....... Problem solved. [WINKING FACE]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers