A Fail Safe test with FPV . Narrated.

Reaction score
HI

https://vimeo.com/65226916

This was really my first venture into FPV, so it is a bit hesitant. At the end I thought...Why not try Fail Safe.. So I did.

This was the result. Since then I have learned how to get out of Fail Safe and retake control.

P

Good vid, what fpv gear are you using ? I'd never thought about putting my phantom on a tether, I wish my phantom had the power to lift my misses and go into auto flyaway mode !

Hi

I bought the Phantom as a bundle (Live view) from Buzzflier. The monitor is a RC401 5.8 Ghz Diversity LCD Screen Receiver.

It works very well. I have made a bigger shade for it because direct sun is a problem with glare. I am now in the process of getting a Video Capture Device so that I can add a laptop as a REPEATER. (Bigger screen) not as the control monitor. I have read about people just having the Laptop and having severe problems with it... My laptop is NOT connected to the Internet. It is empty except for the OS and the Video stuff. That way even if IT crashes it will not affect the FPV.

Regarding the Credit Roll music.. I got it off the Internet (FREE). It is just part of a long fanfare.

The Fail Safe bit was not as accurate as some I have seen on youtube,
even though I let it gather all the satellites it needed.. Just one flashing green before take off too. I was thinking of taking a piece of ply about a metre square with a large X or H painted on it and practicing SPOT LADINGS. In my days of flying real planes we used to do that in competitions. Engine off and glide the rest. Got a bit hairy at times.

More later

Cheers

phantomoperator said:
Hi

I bought the Phantom as a bundle (Live view) from Buzzflier. The monitor is a RC401 5.8 Ghz Diversity LCD Screen Receiver.

It works very well. I have made a bigger shade for it because direct sun is a problem with glare. I am now in the process of getting a Video Capture Device so that I can add a laptop as a REPEATER. (Bigger screen) not as the control monitor. I have read about people just having the Laptop and having severe problems with it... My laptop is NOT connected to the Internet. It is empty except for the OS and the Video stuff. That way even if IT crashes it will not affect the FPV.

Regarding the Credit Roll music.. I got it off the Internet (FREE). It is just part of a long fanfare.

The Fail Safe bit was not as accurate as some I have seen on youtube,
even though I let it gather all the satellites it needed.. Just one flashing green before take off too. I was thinking of taking a piece of ply about a metre square with a large X or H painted on it and practicing SPOT LADINGS. In my days of flying real planes we used to do that in competitions. Engine off and glide the rest. Got a bit hairy at times.

More later

Cheers

With laptop as repeater, you can also record with your video usb capture device. (Added Value !)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik