A different tablet mount problem/question

Reaction score
I went out with my P3A and had a great time flying today...until I was done and walking back to my car and my tablet slipped out of the mount and fell to the groung and shattered the screen.
Luckily it was a cheap acer 8" tablet ($80)....but it did work perfectly with the GoApp....no lag at all. I had done what so many others here have done and replaced the plastic foot with a metal one and this solved the wobbling problem.
The issue I had was the actual plastic part that clamps onto the tablet. Because of the slight curve of the back of the tab the mount barley held onto the edges of the tablet. The top and bottom plastic hook part of the mount were barley gripping the edges.
It always seemed it was ready to almost pop out.
Anyone else with this problem or any suggestions? Maybe it was unique to the tablet I was using?

this is what I due take tablet off mount before taking it back to car that simple

Thanks...I will do that for sure.
That said I still am looking for a different solution. I just went ahead and ordered a Insignia Flex Elite 7.85 tablet...I'll see how that one fits.

BTW..I will eventually make it to one of your meet ups...I live in St Pete so not too far....

Thanks...I will do that for sure.
That said I still am looking for a different solution. I just went ahead and ordered a Insignia Flex Elite 7.85 tablet...I'll see how that one fits.

BTW..I will eventually make it to one of your meet ups...I live in St Pete so not too far....
cool just shoot me a pm sometime so we can meetup and fly p.s I had that tablet it went bad in 3 days might want to look at nvedia shield k1 works great

2016-02-22 12.07.12.jpg
I went out with my P3A and had a great time flying today...until I was done and walking back to my car and my tablet slipped out of the mount and fell to the groung and shattered the screen.
Luckily it was a cheap acer 8" tablet ($80)....but it did work perfectly with the GoApp....no lag at all. I had done what so many others here have done and replaced the plastic foot with a metal one and this solved the wobbling problem.
The issue I had was the actual plastic part that clamps onto the tablet. Because of the slight curve of the back of the tab the mount barley held onto the edges of the tablet. The top and bottom plastic hook part of the mount were barley gripping the edges.
It always seemed it was ready to almost pop out.
Anyone else with this problem or any suggestions? Maybe it was unique to the tablet I was using?

Had the same issue with my iPad with case so I 3D printed these add-ons to hold it much better.
If you have a 3D printer these are available to download the STL file and print from Thingverse.

Last edited:
Reactions: dtviewer
That's exactly what I need!
I don't have a 3d printer but I have seen something like that for sale on ebay. Wasn't sure how it would work since I use a hoodman but your picture shows it with a hoodman!!!
Thanks...I'm off to ebay to find one....!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl