A day full or errors and warnings for my brand new P4P

Reaction score
I would be very appreciative if more experienced P4P pilots could weigh in. I'm hoping I didn't get a lemon. Thanks in advance. Here is the summary of my day or errors and warning messages. (Chicago area, light winds, clear skies, 60 degrees)

1. Bad battery cell

This happened with the battery I label "4-2" (which I will address again down the list). I had to swap batteries and throw "4-1" in the Phantom in order to take off.

2. Cannot connect to camera (Pix4D)
I could not use the third party app Pix4D because it kept saying "camera error". I tried to calibrate the camera but it wouldn't let me. I forgot exactly what the message on the screen said, I wish I had screenshot'd it. I was able to continue flying using the DJI app soon thereafter, however.

3. Unable to land
Probably 4 of my 8 or so flights today resulted in the P4P being "unable to land", forcing me to take control and bring it down and power down the motors manually with the left joystick.

4. Electromagnetism high

This occurred when trying to use my iPad mini in the DJI Go 4. I switched to my iPhone and it let me take off.

5. Cannot connect to R/C
It took powering down and then back up across the devices to fix.

6. R/C beeping red
I disconnected and went to calibrate the controller. It asked me to extend the joysticks 100% in all directions, simultaneously, and repeatedly. I swear to God I did this for a good three of four straight minutes before I had to give up.

7. Battery too cold, but only for the DJI Go 4 app
My battery that I label "4-2" was getting alerts that it was too cold, and needed to be replaced or heated up. I switched over to DroneDeploy and it allowed me to complete a mission. However, that battery did drain SO fast from 30 to 5 at the end of that mission and made me really nervous, especially when--once again--it made me take over control and manually land while in single digit battery life percentage.

8. Not warning, but calibrating compass vertically never works
I calibrate before every new flight because every instructional video tells you to. The horizontal always goes fine. However, when I finish the vertical it never give me the OK that it worked. So, then I try to do it again, and before spinning even 1/4 of the way around myself it says that calibration is complete. I've even tried to go more than 360 degrees around to finish the vertical calibration, but it still didn't finish until I stopped, picked it back up, and started another rotation.

1. Doesn't sound good and would require looking into to see if it was a one-off thing or you need to replace it.
3. Perhaps the Phantom had difficulty detecting a safe landing spot. Manual landing or catching is what most flyers do anyway.
4 ?? Did you get a warning about a magnetic field? If so that is between your Phantom's compass and what it's close too and has nothing to do with your phone or tablet.
8. Not warning, but calibrating compass vertically never works
I calibrate before every new flight because every instructional video tells you to. The horizontal always goes fine. However, when I finish the vertical it never give me the OK that it worked. So, then I try to do it again, and before spinning even 1/4 of the way around myself it says that calibration is complete. I've even tried to go more than 360 degrees around to finish the vertical calibration, but it still didn't finish until I stopped, picked it back up, and started another rotation.
In that case every instructional video you saw was wrong.
Here's what the manual says:
i-Q9CJx8r-M.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik