A couple P4 questions

Reaction score
I had a P3 and could control the camera tilt with the dials on the left and right side, this does not work on my P4. Also, when I lift off or and let off the controls or am flying and let off it seems like it doesnt come to a fast of a stop and hoover as my p3 did, there is a bit of a drift before it will stay in a spot.

How do you have your C1 and C2 buttons set up? My right dial changes the exposure, and if I hold in C2 it tilts the horizon (...sometimes, ahem! DJI.). Left dial changes the vertical gimbal on the camera (i.e. Up or down and no horizon tilt.).

As to the braking, mine is sort of gentle and rocks a bit when stopping. Might be they lessen the hard stops to minimize arm cracks from the P3 which was prone to them. In Autopilot, it seems to brake harder and rock if I do not apply the Bezier curves. Not a big deal with me as the resultant video of hard braking looks bad, imho, and no where like seeing a P4 Pro's smoother video with the Tripod mode.

Another issue, I was taking video and pics this morning and when I landed and while viewing the pics on the app there showed to be crazy bands of color and artifacts but when I put the sd card in my phone they were fine

Sounds like you were using an Android device. I have two and they break up on video downstream to the tablet or phone. Card is generally okay in the computer if I use Media Player Classic Home Cinema 64. I have VLC too, but it often hesitates and sticks so I don't use it as much for playback; it seems sort of codec-dated or something.

Fwiw, I moved to an Apple iPad Air on recommendations and it works far better with regards to the video lag to the tablet screen. Better or faster processor and cleaner running system without the Android bloatware and extras added by Samsung as well as T-mobile on mine that slow it down. Why Android allows two other outfits to add to the basic OS is beyond me. Don't need 2-3 messaging services running or calendars, FB, etc. as the OS passes through each manufacturer before selling the device. It should be a clean OS or rooted well. GO needs a lot of horsepower, and Apple seems to be less processor intensive with background apps running and no other companies adding to the basic iOS to bloat it up.

I am using an android phone. I have an ipad mini 4 and it will not connect to the p4

I updated the software on the ipad and it works
Must b what i need ,,first flight for over a week,,bad weather,,,aaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggg,,what happen to my screen,,frozen picture green and pink lines again,,,,aaaaaarrrrrrggggg:mad:,gona try some reloadin again

I had a P3 and could control the camera tilt with the dials on the left and right side, this does not work on my P4. Also, when I lift off or and let off the controls or am flying and let off it seems like it doesnt come to a fast of a stop and hoover as my p3 did, there is a bit of a drift before it will stay in a spot.

I believe there is a setting for braking severity in the controller setting in the app

Reactions: MedicFL1
Breaking is set to 100 by default but if you Phantom is moving when your not touching the sticks, that would be a VPS calibration...???
Gimbal Tilt is left dial & C1, Horizon is C2 & right dial... There are options in the app in addition to these settings.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1