A compact PC for connecting to your Phantom in the field.

Re: A compact PC for connecting to your Phantom in the field

Thanks for a great find SaintChachi. Mine is on the way and should be with me today. First time with Windows 8. Let the learning begin!

Jetlagged787 said:
Thanks for a great find SaintChachi. Mine is on the way and should be with me today. First time with Windows 8. Let the learning begin!

First time with Windows 8 ?

OK. Just remember, when you feel like screaming and punching the hell out of the screen. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. :D

Jetlagged787 said:

Stream 7 comes with windows 8.1 and it works great.

Hughie said:
Having dreadful problems getting a bluetooth keyboard to work reliably with this tablet. It works OK for a bit but as soon as either one goes to sleep and is woken up data is intermittent and very delayed. Bluetooth devices still say keyboard is "connected" though. A reboot makes it all OK again. Occaisionally I get a dialogue box showing "installing bluetooth files" which is at about 20% and never moves. No drivers supplied but none should be needed. The keyboard is meant to be compatible....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QZYXVI8

Obviously both have been charged up.

Can anyone offer any suggestions, or a product which they know works with this tablet.

Thanks

When I ordered my case for the tablet with a standard keyboard which plug into the tablet. Also bought a carrying case for the tablet, card reader, AC adapter, DC adapter and cables.

Attachments

• IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    453.5 KB · Views: 375

Hughie said:
Jetlagged787 said:

OK. Just remember, when you feel like screaming and punching the hell out of the screen. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. :D

And I'll make sure the window is open before I throw the screen through it!

UPS have messed up the delivery so I guess it will be Monday now.

"We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay."

Jetlagged787 said:
Hughie said:
Jetlagged787 said:

And I'll make sure the window is open before I throw the screen through it!

UPS have messed up the delivery so I guess it will be Monday now.

"We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay."

They've just got one job to do. Just one job. How hard can it be :(

PhantomFanatic -

I'm sorry that I didn't see your post sooner. I hope you're feeling much better now! If you're still having issues, try a quick Google search for "Setup wifi Windows 8". I will be honest, and any tech who doesn't admit this is simply lying... If more people trusted themselves with their PC, and mastered using Google, a huge chunk of my profession would disappear. Lol

SaintChachi said:
PhantomFanatic -

I'm sorry that I didn't see your post sooner. I hope you're feeling much better now! If you're still having issues, try a quick Google search for "Setup wifi Windows 8". I will be honest, and any tech who doesn't admit this is simply lying... If more people trusted themselves with their PC, and mastered using Google, a huge chunk of my profession would disappear. Lol

Thank you, but I do know how to use Google. I also stated that I had entered my WiFi router PW and it worked. There is, now, no option to enter the WiFi PW. Perhaps Safari has spoiled me!

Yes, I will use Google, so I will not bother anyone here. I've helped so many here, that I thought someone would be willing to help me. But, I see that it doesn't work that way.

Actually, with Google, few need this forum, so should we shut it down?

Well, I got it connected without Google or any help here. :)

I am interested in how users of this tablet maximise its battery use. Out of the box, next to my Android and Apple tablets it is terrible. If I leave if not on charge for 6 hours or so and try to use it its battery is flat.

I can get at least 48 hours from my other tablets.

What are you guys doing, leaving it powered on continuously, or shutting it right down in between uses ?

Not looking too good when you consider that the battery is not removable.

EDIT: Seems this may be a known issue that HP are doing nothing about. The Wifi and the Audio driver refuse to let the machine sleep

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-Ta ... -p/4778603
http://forums.windowscentral.com/hp-str ... ttery.html

Hughie said:
I am interested in how users of this tablet maximise its battery use. Out of the box, next to my Android and Apple tablets it is terrible. If I leave if not on charge for 6 hours or so and try to use it its battery is flat.

What are you guys doing, leaving it powered on continuously, or shutting it right down in between uses ?

EDIT: Seems this may be a known issue that HP are doing nothing about. The Wifi and the Audio driver refuse to let the machine sleep

That fix seems to make a big difference. I left the tablet switched on, but sleeping without a charger plugged in for three hours and the battery dropped from 97% to 94%.

Looking good, will continue to monitor.

SaintChachi said:
PhantomFanatic -

Wow I have been saying that for years, most of my trouble shooting for customers can be done them selves without much time. Google and such has made my work so much easier. If folks figured out it really aint brain surgery I would be out of work.

biggest skill needed is how to choose the best "key" words for search

btw love my stream 7, bought it last December, liked it so much bought the stream 8 for my wife, the screen is really easy to see and has stereo spks vs 1 on the 7. The stream 8 also has FREE 200 meg lifetime LTE data on tmoble, that and office 365 you can not go wrong with these for mobile use, RDP etc.

Hughie said:
Hughie said:

That fix seems to make a big difference. I left the tablet switched on, but sleeping without a charger plugged in for three hours and the battery dropped from 97% to 94%.

Looking good, will continue to monitor.

This is a great fix. I left the tablet sleeping for 48 hours without being plugged into charger and it still shows 56% battery. Before the fix this was dead in less than 6 hours. Why HP have not addressed this I dont know.

Wow I have been saying that for years, most of my trouble shooting for customers can be done them selves without much time. Google and such has made my work so much easier. If folks figured out it really aint brain surgery I would be out of work.

biggest skill needed is how to choose the best "key" words for search

btw love my stream 7, bought it last December, liked it so much bought the stream 8 for my wife, the screen is really easy to see and has stereo spks vs 1 on the 7. The stream 8 also has FREE 200 meg lifetime LTE data on tmoble, that and office 365 you can not go wrong with these for mobile use, RDP etc.

Then, you should be happy that your customers don't use Google! Instead of putting them down. Believe it or not, I saw a problem in settings, for WiFi. After all, I entered my WiFi PW in the set-up procedure. There IS a glitch in Windows, as there has been since conception.

I am NOT an idiot. If you bothered to look at my profile, you might see that. In the meantime, the hell with both of you for not helping. It is probably because you didn't know the answer.

Then, you should be happy that your customers don't use Google! Instead of putting them down. Believe it or not, I saw a problem in settings, for WiFi. After all, I entered my WiFi PW in the set-up procedure. There IS a glitch in Windows, as there has been since conception.

I am NOT an idiot. If you bothered to look at my profile, you might see that. In the meantime, the hell with both of you for not helping. It is probably because you didn't know the answer.

Dude no one treated you like an idiot!
Why so darn touchy?

we passed a couple comments that were harmless and basicly nothing about you personly or your abilities.
Lighten up and just have fun

And from reading this tread you got lots of help. Your issue is you just need time to learn something new , that's normal. There was no issue with windows wifi aor whatever you were saying. It was and is user error.

Has anyone confirmed this is fully functional with GroundStation for Pc (not the iPad version). I need the toolbox feature only found in the PC version. Has anyone tried to use it with another display or tv? Compatibility, Bluetooth, etc.

*Mac only user since 1982 so go easy on me, lol. :oops:

Has anyone confirmed this is fully functional with GroundStation for Pc (not the iPad version). I need the toolbox feature only found in the PC version. Has anyone tried to use it with another display or tv? Compatibility, Bluetooth, etc.

*Mac only user since 1982 so go easy on me, lol. :oops:

TJ
it is full windows 8.1 and can run any windows program that is within the memory limitation of 1 gig mem and 32 gig drive. I do not believe it has hdmi at least on stream 7.

I thought about selling my hp and getting this one. It had it all hdmi, Bluetooth 4.0, 2 gig mem etc.
to me the question is if the 32 gig is sufficient, if so you should be fine.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/440932/TW802_Tablet_-_Black

TJ
it is full windows 8.1 and can run any windows program that is within the memory limitation of 1 gig mem and 32 gig drive. I do not believe it has hdmi at least on stream 7.

I thought about selling my hp and getting this one. It had it all hdmi, Bluetooth 4.0, 2 gig mem etc.
to me the question is if the 32 gig is sufficient, if so you should be fine.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/440932/TW802_Tablet_-_Black
Thank you for that info! I see they have a 10" version also. Saw some reviews with wifi issues on both of these tablets. I am doing more research into the 10" as the text on the GS software is tiny.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic