A compact PC for connecting to your Phantom in the field.

Re: A compact PC for connecting to your Phantom in the field

Another idea is to transfer straight to dropbox or onedrive (you get 1TB cloud storage with the office 365 package). That way the video files are available to all my pc/mac/android/IOS devices (got them all).

Yup, but I was thinking that it would be nice to use as my field 'laptop' for backing up my video from the gopro or DSLR to an external USB hard drive - and I usually don't have an Internet connection (plus that would be slow to dump an entire day's worth of video).

FNG here, won't get my P2 until next thursday - but;

What software can I install on a laptop for field use with the Phantom 2?

My laptop is a MacBookPro so I can not use Dashware unless I want to add Micro soft which I do not. So not being up on pc's can I use this with Dashware?

Lake_Flyer - I use OneDrive for the same reason. File sharing is sooo much simpler now.

Johnny Mac- At minimum you're going to want the DJI program for your model. You'll use this to upgrade software, perform calibrations & change advanced settings. Don't worry, I'm new to drones as well. Take my advice, and do some research & learning in the time before your new drone arrives. If you are getting a Vision, let me know as there's a great link to share.

Isle - Simply put, if it works in Windows 8 it will very probably work on this. The OS is Windows 8.1, the full/normal version on laptops & desktops - it's just on a 7" tablet. Pretty much any program that requires Windows will work on this. I'm even thinking of upgrading to Windows 10 beta edition, just to test it out.

Isle,

When I moived to mac more than 5 years ago I hadsome software I work with that is only windows. I purchased copy of parallels /much better than vm ware/ and so far not a single issue.

Take a look at it

ordered Thursday received Friday, great job Microsoft! also picked up Bluetooth keyboard and case which included microusb to usb adapter, sweet.

machine is nice for the price

coming from mac its a bit of an adjustment... im currently trying to figure out how to have my gmail account on my windows 8 main screen... anyone know how?

got it working, but man windows 8 is quirky only way to use multiwindow for ie is to open ie click aand hold screen, swipe desktop from left side of screen, adjust window, then relaunch ie explorer ...

Bluetooth is quirky but works well enough for bose soundstation and keyboard...

quite satisfied wih this purchase but really need a crash course in windows 8

been a mac fan so long forgot windows tricks....

share some tricks you may know rearding this tablet..

capodrone81 said:
ordered Thursday received Friday, great job Microsoft! also picked up Bluetooth keyboard and case which included microusb to usb adapter, sweet.

machine is nice for the price

coming from mac its a bit of an adjustment... im currently trying to figure out how to have my gmail account on my windows 8 main screen... anyone know how?

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-config ... ook-yahoo/

landmannnn said:
Hughie said:
The price was £75 in the UK at one point last month, but is now back at £99 :cry:
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tablets/ ... tablets-go

Unless you visit the microsoft UK site where it is still £75. £100 on ebay!!!!!!!!

Thanks lannmannn - I spotted this too and was coming back to contradict myself.
Thanks for posting.

madsonp said:
Has anyone tried using this with Ground Station ?

I am not sure that the screen will work properly, not to mention the USB hookup, but I have one coming on Tuesday so I will try it and see what happens. It would be great if I didn't have to take my iPad or surface Pro 3 into the field.

Does anyone with one of these know what the procedure is for resetting to factory configuration. Is this possible, or is it more like a PC which allows the whole installation to be backed up/ restored? Thanks.

madsonp said:
Has anyone tried using this with Ground Station ?

i do not have ground station but I'm assuming it would work just fine..... IF it can work on windows 8 it will work on tablet...

the great thing about the tablet is it is really running a full version of windows installation not a tablet only version.. really great IMO for the price :mrgreen:

Hughie said:
Does anyone with one of these know what the procedure is for resetting to factory configuration. Is this possible, or is it more like a PC which allows the whole installation to be backed up/ restored? Thanks.

If you're still talking about the stream 7, I already had it restored to factory settings because the bluetooth driver became messed up with the first windows update it installed.

Simply go to Applications by swiping the startscreen to the left until you see a down arrow below the tiles, click the arrow and find the HP support center App and click on it and you get the option to restore to default factory image, loosing everything you did of course, but it remembers your microsoft account settings (at least it did with me).

tip: you can also simply click om the search icon top right and type HP, I'm sure the app will be listed right away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav