A big wish to DJI about the Zebra stripes and adjusting of threshold of these.

Reaction score
Dear DJI department for development and research!

ZEBRA STRIPES AND ADJUSTING THE LEVEL (THRESHOLD) OF THESE.
As a professional photographer, I have a big wish that I hope you can consider seriously. It applies zebra stripes showing exposure, especially where the risk of burning out the highlights are great. It is very positive that you at all have implemented this in their drones.

I know the histogram, but it gives me nothing, besides occupying this frame allready an limited space on a pad or a phone.

My wish is that DJI make the stripes thinner, similar to those found in professional camcorders. The stripes in Phantom 4 is too thick, so I feel that they occupy too much information in the image and abstain therefore to use these.

Another feature I miss greatly, is to be set when zebra stripes to be activated. All professional cameras have the option to set the value for when zebra stripes will appear. This is often the range of 70% to 100%. Where 100% percent is total overexposure.

I recommend to take a look at the YouTube video to Anthony Artis where he easy explaining the operation and adjustment of zebra stripes on a professional camera.

If anyone has the opportunity to influence DJI with these suggestion, I think many drone pilots will be happy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Regards
Paal
Oslo, Norway

Reactions: brinks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers