A Bayou Howdy

Reaction score
Just got a Phantom 3 Advanced, watched the videos and charging everything. Hope to get some good footage of the wildlife in the swamps around here when I get the skills to fly in the swamps near here. Could be gator bait, but looking forward to the first flight.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Keep it in the sky and the gators won't have a fighting chance ;)

MSINGER, thanks
Just wondering, how long does it take before you get the hang off all the camera and video settings? I have done a lot with Lightroom and Photoshop, but filters, the histogram seems like it would change with each picture or video. I have a Nikon D5500 DSLR, but it does everything. Handheld is a lot different than a moving video going from dark Spanish moss hanging from limbs to reflective water at 50 foot in the air. I will try to get the hang of it, but may just have everything digitized as an RAW format, and use Lightroom and OPhotoshop bail me out. Thank you for the welcome too.

the histogram seems like it would change with each picture or video
Right -- since the light is always changing. For photos, you can use auto mode and the camera will auto-adjust as needed. For video, you'll want to pick up some ND filters and manually configure the camera settings. Since the light is always changing, auto mode does not work well with video.

You will be amazed at the video you get right out of the box with very little effort.
It seemed like it was excellent. Then I saw a lot of videos telling to change the settings and wondered if I could just leave everything on AUTO. It has the sunny, cloudy and bright settings, but understand to get some Polar Pro filters. I think I will put a filter on it, leave everything as it is, and then work any hues/saturation/vibrancy stuff in the Adobe platforms. It is a whole lot different than standing and snapping a photo with a self-correcting camera. But should be fun and thank you.

I work for my Uncle at his pawn shop. When people abandon their stuff, he sells it cheap to his employees if we want something. I bought a Phantom 3 Advanced, four batteries, controller, extended landing gear, a Gimbal guard, prop guards, hard case, 4-32Gb SD micro-cards, and backpack from him for $400. My friends tell me that is a steal. My uncle is the best!!!

I bought a Phantom 3 Advanced, four batteries, controller, extended landing gear, a Gimbal guard, prop guards, hard case, 4-32Gb SD micro-cards, and backpack from him for $400. My friends tell me that is a steal.
A steal for sure. You totally took him on that deal :D

Hau yall are? I am happy for you to see me, I garrountee!

I have some family round New Iberia and most of dad's side of the family is way up north round Bosier City. Dad used to fly bombers out of Barksdale. My granddad's place used to be up near Lake Bistineau. And if you look real hard, you can see our family name on the road there. When I was about 6 or 7, dad would let me drive once we turned onto our road. Then when I got to about 10, he would stop at the fork on 527 and let me go from there. When I got old enough to reach the peddles , I got to drive all the way from 157. Good memories there when I got a few years older too ;). One particular one with AmyLynn and a particular secluded spot out on the bayou she favored, but not for PG audiences :) She was the only girl on our road that wasn't family round there and thankfully I was the only one about her age.

Boy, lookin at the place on the map makes me wonder what the heck is goin on around there. Granddad's place used to have a boathouse. But there ain't no water near there now. Either they raised the land or they lowered the swamp.

Welcome to the forum

Leesville, Real nice area and THE HOME OF HEROES!! OORah

Hmm....anyone know why google would blur out a whole house? You can see it on the areal view but on street view, they blotted the whole house. Thats just weird.
Google Maps

Hmm....anyone know why google would blur out a whole house? You can see it on the areal view but on street view, they blotted the whole house.
Maybe the owner was doing something obscene at the time? :D

Theory #2: it's now a top secret government facility.

When I was a kid, it used to be heavily wooded in that area. Granddad had his still...er I mean, um, cleaning solution generator out there. Think he used it to juice up the Evenrude from time to time as well. Obviously there was no google 40 years ago so that ain't it either.

So, I am going with your idea, a secret underground military base.

Hau yall are? I am happy for you to see me, I garrountee!

I have some family round New Iberia and most of dad's side of the family is way up north round Bosier City. Dad used to fly bombers out of Barksdale. My granddad's place used to be up near Lake Bistineau. And if you look real hard, you can see our family name on the road there. When I was about 6 or 7, dad would let me drive once we turned onto our road. Then when I got to about 10, he would stop at the fork on 527 and let me go from there. When I got old enough to reach the peddles , I got to drive all the way from 157. Good memories there when I got a few years older too ;). One particular one with AmyLynn and a particular secluded spot out on the bayou she favored, but not for PG audiences :) She was the only girl on our road that wasn't family round there and thankfully I was the only one about her age.

Boy, lookin at the place on the map makes me wonder what the heck is goin on around there. Granddad's place used to have a boathouse. But there ain't no water near there now. Either they raised the land or they lowered the swamp.
New Iberia is about three hours south from us. I was born in Houma, which is more known for the tv show Swamp People. My Daddy says if you refer to a gal with her first and middle name, hang onto her. A lot of the wetlands were altered when Katrina blew through here. Here are a couple pictures he took when he went down after Katrina to help clean up.
IMG000.JPG IMG014.JPG

Maybe the owner requested it, or it had what was deemed inappropriate signage or yard ornaments.

Maybe there was a high level government erasure project/cleanup caught on video.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1