9450 on Vision 2 plus

I forgot to mention, the 9443s on my P2V+ run about a minute and a half longer--18min versus 16:30 for the 9450s. The 9443s are ever so slightly quieter, and the motors come down a bit cooler as well. The 9450 definitely has the benefits I noted, and in some situations they are definitely the best choice, but where I fly (cooler, dry air, near sea level) the 9443s work just well. If I was pushing over 1350g, I'd definitely swap out to 2312/9450s as a matter of course.

:D
I fly in mountains and high desert country. The stock 9443s worked slightly better on my P2V+ than my P2V mainly due to weight (after market gimbal). Overall, I found them useless especially in the heat and wind. The 9443 carbon fiber were far superior due to the added stiffness.

When the 9450s became available, I switched both birds to them. They are the best I've tried so far! :lol:

Anyone else notice increased jello at 1080p narrow view with the 9450's? Its driving me nuts.

It's likely not a specific prop design issue. Change to a different set of 9443s or 8045s and you might see more (or less) jello too. Even though the DJI 9" props come balanced from the factory, I'm always in favor of manually balancing using your method of choice to really dial in your Phantom.

Thanks.

I just switched back to the 9443, with a PRONOUNCED lower amount of jello. Maybe they are out of balance from the factory? Never been tipped or nicked...

Great. Prop balancer in mu future? Any recommendations?

:D
I use a xacto handle on the Dubro balancer. Small bit of transparent tape on the light side.

kitari said:
phantomi said:
Thanks. I recently got a set of XOXO 9450 props, and for what I have read those needs special attention to their balance. Once determined that a prop need to be balanced, how to do it?

Yea, I have a set of those xoxo props and they're way off balance. As for balancing them, here's good video that explains it pretty good. Not much too it really, just put them on the balancer so the blades are horizontal to the ground and the heavier side will tend to rotate the prop clockwise or counter clockwise. The heavier side gets scrubbed with a fine grained sandpaper and put back on the balancer until the prop stays level or close to level at least. Anyways, here's the vid.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVdVa0jWowI[/youtube]

Hmm what do you guys mean when you say "jello" ??
Noticed my gimble sometimes drops and you can see the legs for a second sometimes, then it corrects itsself.. .. errr lol? doubt thats due to 9450's though...
Its been verrry windy lately so assumed its the wind and stupid 3.08 which screwed the leveling of gimbal..

Strange as well mine run cooler and I get a bit longer flight time, but everyone else has opposite.. perhaps my gain settings are diff ?? Mines 3 months old so maybe DJI changed setting ? I imagined they changed the settings up all the time anyways ?

justin00 said:
And Frank.. not a band idea but abit of wind would ruin that test ,r wouldnt it? Dunno about lateral speed but vertical I think you'll notice just by watching.

Yes sir sure would. Regardless the condition. it would just need to be consistent flights with each other.

justin00 said:
Hmm what do you guys mean when you say "jello" ??
Noticed my gimble sometimes drops and you can see the legs for a second sometimes, then it corrects itsself.. .. errr lol? doubt thats due to 9450's though...
Its been verrry windy lately so assumed its the wind and stupid 3.08 which screwed the leveling of gimbal..

Strange as well mine run cooler and I get a bit longer flight time, but everyone else has opposite.. perhaps my gain settings are diff ?? Mines 3 months old so maybe DJI changed setting ? I imagined they changed the settings up all the time anyways ?

If you pulled a bowl of jello from your fridge and shook it, it would wiggle so to speak. In reference to the camera on our quads, would do the same type of wiggling.

Mori55 said:
Good luck , I was going by the review of them. I know there has been problems with knock off props

Update on the DJI 9450 props off Amazon from CCTI. I received them today to my astonishment as they were expected to be delivered sometime between Nov.28th & Dec.3rd. I ordered the props on Fri. 11-21, and received them on the 11-24-14.
They were to be shipped standard mail. How I received them from CA. in three days, when I can't even get mail within the State of Fl. that fast is beyond me. :lol:

In any regard they appear to fit the bill, DJI packaging and insignia, DJI 9450 on props. So they're a keeper, Mori.

Attachments

• CIMG4779.JPG
    CIMG4779.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 241
Those look right to me! If you compare to your 9443s, you should notice they are significantly stiffer and have a slightly wider, flatter face.

ElGuano said:
Those look right to me! If you compare to your 9443s, you should notice they are significantly stiffer and have a slightly wider, flatter face.

Yes, that was the first thing I noticed, I had read that the knock off 9450 props looked good, but need some additional attention to make them all that they can be. The OEM props have generally been pretty much balanced, and thread onto the motor shaft as they should, which is what you want to help prevent possible spin off, and irregular flight characteristics when one or more of the blades are not threaded completely down on the motor shaft.

I don't understand buying these knockoff props. You just spent all that money on your quad , now why get cheap on the props.

Mori55 said:
I don't understand buying these knockoff props. You just spent all that money on your quad , now why get cheap on the props.

Absolutely, I agree. It just isn't worth risking an issue with performance. Would you purchase a high end automobile, and then look to purchase a cheap grade of motor oil when performing routine maintenance. The end simply do not meet the means, IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik