9450 on Vision 2 plus

Reaction score
Howdy folks..

got bored and bought some 9450 props for my P2V+..
Under the impression they have greater lift and possibly min or 2 great flight time ?

Anyone know of any reasons why I shouldnt use them without the upgraded ESC and motors ?

Bit concerned actually... in this video the compare the 9443 vs 9450... I'm under impression 9443 is what mine have as stock props?
Anyways the 9443 seem to be going up faster than the 9450.. but perhaps the guy didn't edit gains or something ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKumqaS40xM

Speaking of gains... Frank mentioned in his thread he would increase vertical gain.. I have been reading abit about how to tell if you need to increase gain, but just as a guess how much would you guys assume I'd need to up the vertical gain ?

As usual ( whenever I get something new) It is raining.. hopefully it stops and I can test them out using my existing settings.. i.e just putting the props on and having a look.. but yeah would prefer optimal settings... so hoping to hear opinions... bad idea putting them on ? good ? etc etc

justin00 said:
Howdy folks..

got bored and bought some 9450 props for my P2V+..
Under the impression they have greater lift and possibly min or 2 great flight time ?

Anyone know of any reasons why I shouldnt use them without the upgraded ESC and motors ?

Bit concerned actually... in this video the compare the 9443 vs 9450... I'm under impression 9443 is what mine have as stock props?
Anyways the 9443 seem to be going up faster than the 9450.. but perhaps the guy didn't edit gains or something ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKumqaS40xM

Speaking of gains... Frank mentioned in his thread he would increase vertical gain.. I have been reading abit about how to tell if you need to increase gain, but just as a guess how much would you guys assume I'd need to up the vertical gain ?

As usual ( whenever I get something new) It is raining.. hopefully it stops and I can test them out using my existing settings.. i.e just putting the props on and having a look.. but yeah would prefer optimal settings... so hoping to hear opinions... bad idea putting them on ? good ? etc etc

See my latest reply to Franks post. The 9450 work fine on non upgraded PV2+. Don't know why people are making such a big deal of it?!?! These props have been available for months, even before the upgrades were available.

Yeah thats why I was confused with what I had been reading!!
allthough after watching vid I posted they seen slower when going up?

Thanks

bloody rain

Read your reply.

What pro's / cons you noticed from using them?

You obviously like em if you've been using for months.

justin00 said:
Read your reply.

What pro's / cons you noticed from using them?

You obviously like em if you've been using for months.

Hi, not sure we're watching the same video? For what I see i the video the 9450's produce more thrust and thus, more lift. That has also been my experience, greater lift which is what "thrust boosted" is all about.

As for pros/cons...I would say from my experience the average person may not notice a difference. The value is really in knowing that extra bit of lift is there and you can get up and away a little bit faster, which is great in sticky situations.

I can't say that I've seen any improvement in the flight times but that could be down to my style of flying.

Had first flight when rain stopped.

It goes up heaps faster than the 9443's!!
Was doing some tests I normally do and its definetly got faster lift.

Also timed it and I got an extra ~90 sec extra flight time.. 17 mins of flying round the park doing speed tests with no static hovering... with the old props i'd get a few seconds over 15 mins doing the same

But ya def a noticable increase in lift.. and hovers fine and barely loose altitude when flying which dji says to look for to check vertical gain is fine. Didnt chamge amy settings just put props on.

Also.. this might just be coincidence but when landing with old props sometimes and very very low alt it would bounce up and down (in the air...not crash land and go up lol)..doesnt anymore..but need to do more landings to confirm this one..

Very happy so far :)

Dont want to make a new thread.. but when I went out last night.. it was a light drizzle.. nirmally I wouldnt go out but very eager to test drops.

Anywho.. camera worked fine. When it landed just a few drops of water on shell.. put in a new battery and gimbal did the dance like it had sonething wrong with it...was dancing in crazy directions, settled its srlf after 10 seconds and was in normal position and worked fine... took it home used those can air pressure things to spray it all over to blow any drops out(wasnt any drops/water inside).Gave camera good air'ing aswell.. before that I checked ribbon was still connected and all the connectors and ribbon wasnt twisted... turned phantom on again and gimbsl was fine, no dancing..

What could of caused the first little dance it did?? Water in circuits ? Or is it a sign the gimbal is on the way out?
Phantom is 10 weeks old...no crashes etc etc..

Doubt new props had anything to do with it:)

Btw.. was doing speed tests and got it upto 50mph... on video feed it looked like either camera dropped on its side or phantom was on its side.. im assuming just camera.. as I could see both front/back arms for a second or two!! There was when I did a sharp turn at 50mph.. perhaps its best to do that with FPV enabled so its less work for camera??

Anyways all seens fine woth camera now.. but its little dance concerned me even though its baxk to normal...

now after a few flights.... definitely less 'bouncy' action when hovering a few inch off the ground.. now it hovers off the ground and I can go up/down with controls (to test) and can't get it to generate the bouncyness... before it could sometimes be 'bouncy' when trying to land as I mentioned above.
Landed / pretended to almost land bunch of times and yeah way more stable at verrrry low alts... not that people fly like that heh but still, everyone comes in to land! except the hand catching crowd.. but we wont go there =)

very pleased with the $50 purchase for 2x pairs :)

personally i'd be cautious. to get more lift you are using a coarser pitched prop, so in effect putting taller gearing onto the stock power train. this means more load, more so with aggressive flying, which means more heat for the motors and ESC's to deal with. it may sound slower because the motors can't spool up as fast with their new taller gearing but it will have a slightly higher maximum vertical speed at a risk/cost. i would aslo think aggressive flyers may find ballooned batteries too because they too will be having their load increased. even with stock set ups batteries have let some people down and i suspect, no proof or finger pointing, that it is the more aggressive flyers that have suffered from this issue. just stooging around consevatively with little or no stick above 3/4 except for take off is how to get the longer flight times, just like driving for maximum MPG. trying to get more go from the stock power train doesn't seem like the worlds greatest idea to me. if they want a quicker phantom they should make a specific sport version with motors, props, ESC's and batteries to suit and tell you the flight time is 25 -40% less that a stock phantom.

Fair points to think about thanks :)

Ive been hooning it around amd usualy land hqlf way in to check motor temps..just touching.. def no increase in heat. I actually commented to a friend today they felt cooler than before.

and yeah all flights ive gotten between 60 - 120 sec more flight times...very hard to accurately measire this though..you basically have to do exact same 100% flight which as you know is pretty tricky.. plus wind can add to the variables..

but yeah get some and try for yourself.. dont think there much more expensive than normal props so worth a test.. cant go wrong for $50 :p

Unless the new props are finer and do sound quick with less visual movenent. So lower geared?? Quicker acceleration with less actual speed and lower current draws???

The 9450's have more mass size. When spinning them at the same rpm as the 9443's the 9450's will move more air. I feel like a good method to use in comparison of the two props would be by using a flight logger. Due to some inconsistencies, the way I would test them would be by milliseconds to distance. From the point of liftoff at full throttle, fly to X amount of milliseconds and check the distance traveled, and compare. Example, fly to 7000 milliseconds and check distance column.

Mori55 said:
Those are NOT DJI props. Read the review !!!!!!

You make a good point, I'm afraid I hadn't read the review, so I'm awaiting to hear back from the seller.
If they are not original equipment, as you have pointed out thank you, I will simply cancel or return them.

Old Chinese proverb, " If it appears too good to be true, it probably isn't". :lol:

Mori55 said:
Those are NOT DJI props. Read the review !!!!!!

As an update regarding my inquiry thru Amazon to the seller of the 9450 props. I've been informed that their company is an authorized DJI dealer, and I will receive genuine DJI parts. The proof will be in the pudding, and I will keep the board advised otherwise. :|

Good luck , I was going by the review of them. I know there has been problems with knock off props

I've been flying 9450 props for a few months now. IMO the easiest way to test the difference in thrust is to fly in manual mode. See how much throttle is required to hold a hover with each set of props, and average a few runs of full-throttle 5-10second ascents. I found the 9450s consistently require 15-20% less throttle than the 9443s to main hover, and they definitely punch out faster than 9443s. But I've never had VRS or loss of power using my 9443s so I've mainly been sticking to those unless flying at altitude or heavily loaded. Now running the 9450s with 2312 motors and trying to quantify the changes.

Elguano, why do you run the 9443s if (if i read correctly) the 9450s have those advantages? Or do you mean you mainly run 9450s? Btw did you change any gain settings? My results match what wiki says about vert gain.. but curious to play around with settings as long as its safe :) havnt changed anything yet though.. dunno if will.. hard to test changes with variables like wind etc...

And Frank.. not a band idea but abit of wind would ruin that test ,r wouldnt it? Dunno about lateral speed but vertical I think you'll notice just by watching.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1