9450 Carbon Fiber Props Advice

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my props, seeing different brands and prices, not looking for the cheapest... Didn't want to get something that is advertised by not recommended... Would like hear from you guys what you are recommending. And should I get a prop balancer?

Thanks,

Chris Elliott
Danville, VA

-DJI Phantom 3 Professional

DJI props work the best. Also, it would be a shame to void your warranty by using sub-par props.

I've never been a fan of carbon props. I personally they they are too stiff which might cause added stress to the shell and motors. The DJI do a great job!

Yes to prop balancer.. Consensus is that Du-bro 499 works well with P3. You need to order the rods separate though

Do yourself a favor and stay away from them. Stick with the stock props. They have the properly engineered angle, pitch, and flexibility to perform properly. A lot of pilots have tried the, only to return to the stock ones. Save your self a few bucks.

I see this so many times. People want to change things that already work well. I have read so many posts where someone will use different props and then complain how crappy the quad flew and go back to stock and problem goes away. I guess in some cases, different props may help
but it really comes down to what are you trying to achieve. I was flying my P1 yesterday. Wow, that thing can really move. Never have had a thought that I believed I could change something to make it fly better that the engineers haven't already thought of or tried. I'm not sure what the obsession with carbon fiber anything is. It's a cool product but not a cure all for everything. But you can do anything to your quad. I really don't care. You paid for it. Experimentation is great but you have to know when the mod create more problems than it solves.

Thanks for all the replies and advice.. Looks like I am sticking stock for the props... That's what I was looking for was advice from some of the more seasoned pilots. Don't want to lose any integrity of the aircraft.

Fwiw, I have both a few sets of the stock props, and a set of the DJI CRP black "carbon reinforced" props.

After a dozen or so flights with the CRP props, I had broken screw holes as per the arm issues others have had.

I have about 50-60 flights on my P3, so could have been cumulative over time, or could have been the stiffer CRP props.

I personally haven't noticed much difference in flight characteristics with the CRP props, but I have noticed the CRP props wear much better than the stock ones. As in the tips and rest of the blades seem exactly as shipped after maybe 15 flights. My stock plastic props start to show minor signs of wear by that point usually.

Take from that what you will.

I have been using the DJI carbon reinforced props for several weeks now.. No noticeable difference in performance, and the only benefit is that they look 'cool' while on the ground.. Once you take off and climb - who cares, you can't see them!

Reactions: N017RW
What is the part number for the OEM DJI carbon props?

Yes, they will work on the P2. P2 props should not be used on the P3 though.

There are many posts on this topic, one should search before opening a new thread.

Anyway use DJI P3 props, black or white doesn't matter.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj