9443/9450 or original props for FC40

Reaction score
I have a fc40 and looking at sticking gimbal and gopro on it, i also was looking at putting a new set on props on for better flight time either 9443 or 9450 props have been mentioned in this forum, spoke to a guy at marionville models and he told me not 2 bother as i wont get any benefit at all as the fc40 was so light anyway! Just wandering what the general thought was on this subject?

Once you put on gimbal and go pro you will need 9443 extra lift and time in the air .. I have some 9450 but haven't tried them yet as my FC 40 decided to go on holiday on its own .

Sorry mate but your adviser is wrong, the 9450 turbo booster props transform the Fc40 from a mild mannered eye in the sky to a little rocket camera. Ascent, Descent, forward speed and maneuverability are all increased and I get 2-3 minutes better flight times.

The only downside I have encountered is that the Quad is a little more prone to the influence of the wind, no more so than with the P2 standard props but certainly more than the original 8 inchers. I don't use anything else now, either for the FC40 or my P2 none vision, highly recommended. Oh bye the way, my advice, Don't buy none originals.

martybabe said:
Sorry mate but your adviser is wrong, the 9450 turbo booster props transform the Fc40 from a mild mannered eye in the sky to a little rocket camera. Ascent, Descent, forward speed and maneuverability are all increased and I get 2-3 minutes better flight times.

The only downside I have encountered is that the Quad is a little more prone to the influence of the wind, no more so than with the P2 standard props but certainly more than the original 8 inchers. I don't use anything else now, either for the FC40 or my P2 none vision, highly recommended. Oh bye the way, my advice, Don't buy none originals.

That is what I thought through reading other people's posts, thanks very much I'm gonna be ordering myself a set of genuine one's today!!

9443's have been proven to have the longest flight times, 9450's are much better for quickness and they are also less prone to VRS (vortex ring state).

What people dont seem to understand is that you really have to be coming down at a good speed to get to a Vortex Ring State. I have been using the 9443's balanced with no issues. If you are going to buy the cheap ones, you HAVE to balance them or the quad will fly crappy. The flight times are great and they without the prop guards the quad flies awesome. I have added weight due to having 2 cameras and I still get very good flight times, so I have no reason to get the 9450's unless I break the 3 sets of 9443's I have now.

I got the oem 9450s and I haven't used anything else since I first tried them. I get 2 min 30 sec extra flight time and it is way faster too. definitely stay away from the aftermarket ones. I tried a set and they were horrible even after balancing. I wouldn't even waste your time with the 9443s, if your gonna upgrade u might as well get the best. I descend pretty quick at times and have never had more than a little wobble in the air, trick is to go forward as you are coming down for smooth descent. 9450 all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to be clear, I also use 9443s since they fly the longest. To me it's safer for beginners to use the 9450s since we don't know how fast they will attempt to descend.

I agree with what you are saying as DJI has been very innovative in making their quads easier to fly so it no surprise that components like the props were upgraded to perform better and help make flying easier for beginners just getting into quads.

Molokai said:
Just to be clear, I also use 9443s since they fly the longest. To me it's safer for beginners to use the 9450s since we don't know how fast they will attempt to descend.

Got new 9450, apparently they are genuine dji props took them out today and got exactly same flight time around 13 minutes with just fc40 camera no gimbal and original battery!! That was a waste of £26!!

Hi ELHEAPO,
Perhaps the difference is more noticeable if the FC40 is more heavily loaded. I have been comparing Cheap chinese 9" 9443-copy props with the stock 8" props this week and found significant improvements in flight time of 14%. However, my FC40 has the following extra weight:
Low voltage alarm and cable 15g
Key finder (to find in long grass) 14g
Foam skids 12g
SJ4000 camera 60g
SJ4000 waterproof housing 77g

less the 53g of the stock FC40 camera.

I flew both with and without prop guards, and with the 8" and 9" props. Removing prop guards increased flight time by 11% for both the 8" and 9" props. Increasing from 8" to 9" props increased by 14%, both with and without prop guards. Going from stock 8" props and guards to chinese 9" "9443-copy" props without guards produced a dramatic 27% increase in flight time.

I have now bought a set of genuine DJI 9450 props (£26.77 inc carriage) to compare with the cheap Chinese 9" props (£3.18 inc carriage on eBay posted from China). Only flown a few flights with them, but they don't seem to be any better than the cheap Chinese ones to me but I haven't done proper comparison (repeatable) test flights yet. The cheap Chinese ones are also perfectly balanced (as advertised).

To sum up, I have noticed a big improvement in flight time increasing props from 8" to 9" and almost as big an improvement by removing the prop guards. Stability same with 8" and 9" props, but greatly improved by removing prop guards. So I've wasted my money on the prop guards! (1 expensive DJI set of 8" guards, and 2 cheap eBay sets of 9" prop guards.)

I guess experience is proportional to the amount of money I spent!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4