9047 prop adjustment

Reaction score
Hi
Somebody have some web link to help me to set the roll, picth, raw..... Of my phantom with news 9047 props ?
Thanks ...

There is no such answer, I afraid because there are so many factors involved as well as your flying preference. The major players are: temperature, wind speed, altitude of your location, the total weight of your Phantom.

In general the Basic GAIN control how fast NAZA reacts to get back to level position after the Phantom received the stick control or any unseen forces. So the higher the GAIN the faster your Phantom will get back to level itself.
The ATTITUDE GAIN is how responsive you want your stick to have the effect of Phantom movement, so the higher the GAIN the faster the respond thus it may look jerky while lower GAIN will mellow the TX control thus it feel mushy and if too much will make it feel like out of control.

The 9047 prop is one step larger from the stock, so if you keep the default setting for GAIN, then the Phantom will feel more stable but less responsive to your stick control because it will take more time for the motors to spin larger prop (even with less pitch). The effect above is more noticeable for naked Phantom but if you add the video gears then it's less.

Only you can decide what to adjust (Basic or Attitude) and higher or lower.

This is what I did:

Use the Assistant to set all BASIC gain to be on the fly setting via X1 but keep the Attiitude setting at default.
How: Press INH and you will have an option of X1 & X2, select X1 for all Pitch, Roll, Yaw & Vertical.
Use a small phillip screw driver, turn the top pot on the back slowly and see how the GAIN % changes (clockwise for more, anti-clockwise for less). set the pot in the middle. Go fly see how it reacts, land and use the screw driver for less and test fly again, so the same for more. Eventually you will find the spot where the flight characteristic suits you best.
DO NOT TOUCH the pot, connect to Assistant and note down the Basic GAIN % of all Pitch, Roll, Yaw & Vertical. INH all the X1 you chose earlier then set all the numbers accordingly.

Next select X1 for both Attitude GAIN which are Pitch & Roll.
Repeat the test flight above to find the setting where your TX sticks give the best control for you.
Again set the number accordingly.

Lastly, you have an option to leave X1 set for Attitude or back to Basic GAIN or INH both.
I myself set X1 for Basic because if the wind kicks up, I just crank up the pot for more stable flight.
And for those who use Non Phantom TX, they can use the EXP or D\R function to set GAIN for similar effect as setting the Attitude GAIN.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic