900Mhz Datalink and PC Ground Station

I just installed the whole thing. Read the instructions carefully, everything is there. When you finally run it just make sure you have an outfile folder under the folder where you have the djiconv.jar and your gslog.dat files. All .dat files in that folder will be processed into kml, csv, gpx and log files. Works awesome, use it all the time.

DronePilot said:
I just installed the whole thing. Read the instructions carefully, everything is there. When you finally run it just make sure you have an outfile folder under the folder where you have the djiconv.jar and your gslog.dat files. All .dat files in that folder will be processed into kml, csv, gpx and log files. Works awesome, use it all the time.
Yes, DJIConv.jar works well when the Java runtime environment is set up properly The P2V+ appears to execute the Ground Station "mission" very well. You can even see the "adaptive turn". Do you have any idea why DJIConv.jar appears to work just fine and still displays "error"?

Can you answer the question of "what happens when the P2V+ is executing a Ground Station mission and flies outside the range of the transmitter / hand held controller?" Does it continue on the mission course or return to home?

I think the next logical step is to do a "stage 2" antenna upgrade from FPVR.com. FPVR.com has a lot of good reviews. Any experience with that upgrade?

Thanks again for all your help!
kennca

kennca said:
Yes, DJIConv.jar works well when the Java runtime environment is set up properly The P2V+ appears to execute the Ground Station "mission" very well. You can even see the "adaptive turn". Do you have any idea why DJIConv.jar appears to work just fine and still displays "error"?
I forget why there is an error (I also see this but disregard). I do have the source if you'd like to look at it PM me.

kennca said:
Can you answer the question of "what happens when the P2V+ is executing a Ground Station mission and flies outside the range of the transmitter / hand held controller?" Does it continue on the mission course or return to home?
It will continue the mission when outside the range of any transmitter.
If it losses GPS it will hover until either GPS returns or battery runs out.
If battery runs out it will autoland.
Both the control transmitter and the datalink/GS can interrupt the waypoint flight given command is received by the NAZA.
The NAZA/phantom can also get control inputs from the GS software via keyboard or attached joystick once waypoint flight is paused.

kennca said:
I think the next logical step is to do a "stage 2" antenna upgrade from FPVR.com. FPVR.com has a lot of good reviews. Any experience with that upgrade?
kennca
I have not tried this. FPVR seems like a good outfit, now they have stage 3! I have considered it but its a lot more stuff to carry around.
kennca said:
Thanks again for all your help!
kennca

NP, anytime. Enjoy and fly safe!

i have copy DJIconv.jar but it not work well. The result just .dec with zero size.
why the result like that?

Attachments

• gslog conv.jpg
    gslog conv.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 475
What did your original log file look like? What was its size? Was it in the folder directly above this one?

there is outfile folder on my last post.
and the original log file like this...

Attachments

• original data logger.jpg
    original data logger.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 463
Looking for an update on this thread. I just purchased the 900mhz gs for my v2p. Has anyone had any issues with the app\phone constantly updating the home point while using PC ground station? If battery level warning is initiated through the app while in GS will it auto cancel the current mission and return home? Just wondering if any of you guys using this setup have experienced any of this.

For those pinning out the can bus to JST connector and our having issue with getting a connection on "pin 1" (can connection closest to JST connector on can module). The reason is that (I believe) there is a a diode in the circuit with the JST side. I put reverse polarity against the circuit and it would pass through to the JST. It acts as a resistor as well since all diodes provide some resistance to a circuit, but not linear such as a true resistor. My guess is this diode was put in place to keep any current (rf generated from GS bird side) from reaching the flight controller in high static conditions. Just my thought.

Hi Everybody,

I have a P2V+ and I would like to use it with the 900 mhz PC ground station. I am very new to this field. So, how do I hook the datalink to the copter? Is there any how to videos out there on the web? I notice the pics of dronepilot's setup. Nice! How do I that? Is it easy for a beginner? Any info would be appreciated?

Thanks

drachal said:
Hi Everybody,

I have a P2V+ and I would like to use it with the 900 mhz PC ground station. I am very new to this field. So, how do I hook the datalink to the copter? Is there any how to videos out there on the web? I notice the pics of dronepilot's setup. Nice! How do I that? Is it easy for a beginner? Any info would be appreciated?

Thanks

You can also check out this post
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18439

Hi, was wondering of anyone knows how to create an AWM formatted spreadsheet to create missions offsite. I am planning on using my Vision Plus with the PC Groundstation program. I have already installed the aerial onto the Phantom and can fly missions easily enough however i need to preplan 63 missions for a project and was hoping I could create a excel spreadsheet in the same format as the missions are created and save as a AWM file. I have tried using Excel and saving as a CSV, but the program wont recognise the file. I have opened an existing mission and amended it with my mission data but there is no option to save as a AWM file.

Also has anyone successfuly managed to get the camera to work using the Photogrammetry tool? Ive been using the DJI app on my phone setting the camera to take pictures at a specified interval.

Lastly does anyone get live data whilst flying a mission on the PC? I can launch for a mission and obtain flight time but no other telementary.

My work involves ground survey so mission planning prior to attending the site is crucial, my next project is 3000sqm which i have calculated at 63 missions with each mission 350m x 150m.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers