9" Props

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently bought a new in box P1 old version with non screw on props. I love it. I upgraded the battery to Mad Dog 2700s, and they are great. Now, I want to go to 9" plastic props, but can't find any. Do you guys happen to know where I can buy them? I have never used cf props, and would prefer plastic.
Thank you,
Terry

Might be better to change out two of the motors to ones that have CCW threads. Then you can use DJI 9450 self tightening props.

Might be better to change out two of the motors to ones that have CCW threads. Then you can use DJI 9450 self tightening props.

I considered that, but don't want to take the drone apart to get the motors wired. Otherwise, I would do it in a a heartbeat.
Terry

The P1 is very simple to take apart. Just make sure you put the top half of the shell back on in the correct orientation.

The P1 is very simple to take apart. Just make sure you put the top half of the shell back on in the correct orientation.

I just might try that. Thank you.
Terry

Great. The only thing I was trying to avoid is ordering from overseas. I guess in this case, I will have to.
Ordered them today. Thank you very much.
Terry

I guess in this case, I will have to.

Terry, sorry I didn't catch you before you ordered overseas. There are tons of 9" props on Ebay (US sellers) and Amazon. Oh well, hope they work out for you. Just be sure to look for the DJI mark on the top surface of the props. That way you'll know you didn't get hoodoo'd.

Terry, sorry I didn't catch you before you ordered overseas. There are tons of 9" props on Ebay (US sellers) and Amazon. Oh well, hope they work out for you. Just be sure to look for the DJI mark on the top surface of the props. That way you'll know you didn't get hoodoo'd.

Thank you Brother. I will look on eBay and get whatever I can find there, too. It's all for fun. Thank you.
Terry

Agree with Rebel about the ease of taking apart a P1, just be careful you use the correct size screwdriver for the small cross-head screws at the end of each arm as they tend to get chewed easily. As long as you replace the top shell in the same orientation you'll be fine, and wiring new motors is a pretty straightforward soldering job.

Agree with Rebel about the ease of taking apart a P1, just be careful you use the correct size screwdriver for the small cross-head screws at the end of each arm as they tend to get chewed easily. As long as you replace the top shell in the same orientation you'll be fine, and wiring new motors is a pretty straightforward soldering job.

I will probably do it. I have had the to off my P2, and it was pretty simple.
Thank you,
Terry

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr