9 Days In

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals! I'm new to drones. Thought I'd buy one. Had a couple toys, you know the small quads. I like to research things and learn all about what I'm doing. It's a bit scary the first time but it's actually easy if you do nothing stupid. I want longer range. I seen a video of a cd on the antenna. So I tried. I went .594 of a mile today in a rural area. It lost video but I could still control it. Brought it home after that happy. Need to take it to the country and see how far it will fly. Btw I'm flying a P3S. These things are awesome!! Thanks in advance and for the topic already posted. I've learned a lot in the past 9 days!
449528b8be916d080b5ad8767603bc67.jpg

Half of a mile is not bad. I get that range with the parabolic anntena.

I ordered some cheap generic wifi panels off of ebay and I have been out well over a mile with a solid connection.
Antenna modifications aren't hard, you just need to be extremely careful with removing the old antennas and drilling holes for the new ones.

I ordered some cheap generic wifi panels off of ebay and I have been out well over a mile with a solid connection.
Antenna modifications aren't hard, you just need to be extremely careful with removing the old antennas and drilling holes for the new ones.
That's something I rather avoid, even if it's easy to do. I rather upgrade to a phantom advanced.

That's something I rather avoid, even if it's easy to do. I rather upgrade to a phantom advanced.
I agree modifications aren't for everyone and I think adding amps with extra batteries and giant antennas that look like you're trying to track aliens with are excessive for something the adv/pro can do stock. But $35 to double my range was hard to pass up.

I agree modifications aren't for everyone and I think adding amps with extra batteries and giant antennas that look like you're trying to track aliens with are excessive for something the adv/pro can do stock. But $35 to double my range was hard to pass up.
The parabolic antena provided me with a range that is acceptable. A little more than half a mile is to me pretty decent. I still thinking in upgrading in the future to a phantom advanced. Even though they are old and unsupported. The price is getting cheaper.

We know, you've said that twice now. Some of us are not afraid to open up our controller and do a little modification, this is a hobby in itself, doing modifications to your equipment. I have done them both for my controller and also the drone itself, and can beat the range of an advanced any day. Much more gratifying than simply buying a $800 drone and accomplish the same thing.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan