9 Days In

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals! I'm new to drones. Thought I'd buy one. Had a couple toys, you know the small quads. I like to research things and learn all about what I'm doing. It's a bit scary the first time but it's actually easy if you do nothing stupid. I want longer range. I seen a video of a cd on the antenna. So I tried. I went .594 of a mile today in a rural area. It lost video but I could still control it. Brought it home after that happy. Need to take it to the country and see how far it will fly. Btw I'm flying a P3S. These things are awesome!! Thanks in advance and for the topic already posted. I've learned a lot in the past 9 days!
8e05a35d56859ddc3adcddebafb3f268.jpg

I actually meant to post this in Standard/4K. Cans find how to delete it. If the moderators know, delete it. I posted it in the Standard/4K Discussion also. My apologies!

Be sure to understand the Return To Home height adjustment. If you fly out of range (which can happen more easily in areas with a lot of interference), you want the craft to go UP to an appropriate height before it heads home so it doesn't hit trees or buildings on the way home. (It doesn't fly the same path back that you flew out -- it comes STRAIGHT back.)

When you feel confident that with all signals lost, it will fly home safely, then it's a lot less nerve-wracking flying out and getting those "Strong Interference" messages.

Welcome to the team!
Chris

ps: you should be able to edit your post after you've made it. Look for the Edit button at the bottom left of your post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan