9.2 km (5.8 miles) flight ! Yeaaaahhh!

Fanti said:
According to the manual, in atti mode it will try to land wherever it is at that moment.

Where does it say that? I am pretty sure it says almost nothing about ATTI in the manual. It does say if the Phantom has less than 6 satellites it will autoland instead of RTH. That is very different to ATTI. F/S in ATTI should use the same behavior as GPS.

What I am not sure of is if you're in ATTI when the signal is reacquired, do you have to flip to GPS briefly to regain control? I would assume/hope so.

Page 20 of the manual:

Failsafe works differently depending on the mode the aircraft is in when Failsafe mode is initiated whether it is in the Ready to Fly or Ready to Fly (non-GPS) mode.
Ready to Fly (non-GPS) ---- Automatic landing
Ready to Fly ---- Automatic go home and land
The flight control system will try to keep the aircraft level during descent and landing. Note that the aircraft may be drifting during the descent and landing process.
The flight control system will automatically control the aircraft to fly back to the home point and land.

Ready to Fly (non-GPS) is not the same as ATTI. If the GPS have enough satellites in ATTI mode when it goes into F/S, it will return to home using the GPS.

Impressive, as someone looking for a good FPV setup, this one just made my short list. Have you tried the recievers built into your Black Pearl screen, instead of your ImmersionRC 5800Duo diversity RX? is there any diference in range of video transmission?

RockyMtnOutdoors said:
Impressive, as someone looking for a good FPV setup, this one just made my short list. Have you tried the recievers built into your Black Pearl screen, instead of your ImmersionRC 5800Duo diversity RX? is there any diference in range of video transmission?

With an IRC600mW TX the 5800Duo is "miles" better than the BP receiver, period.
I am running out of control range now long before video range.

Fanti said:
Using ATTI mode that far away, isn't it a bit risky ? If failsafe occurs far out (because of loosing RC connection for example), it won't come back ?!?

As long as you have a GPS fix and battery power, it will return home.

changkh said:
may i know how is this possible with the stock controller when the stated range is only 1km?

Well thats the big surprise! :eek:
The stock controller is good for 5km !!

Well done 2trickpony

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl