87% health 14 cycles only really sad

Reaction score
Just to share my experience with DJI batteries, i have owned the drone for 2weeks now, charged for 14cycles only, have taken care of the battery like recommended everywhere, i didn't break in the lipo, i noticed this step i missed and should have done it but honestly I didn't know about that until i came here, is there anyway to rescue this battery? And why is it degrading that fast under load last test had the lowest cell at 3.60volt and all the others at 3.68... I see the problem here one cell is bad discharging faster then the others... But why? Even once it did turn off mid air at 10% while i was trying to get it to 8% to recharge it back full and train the cells like recommended. Anw any help is much appreciated, still cant believe i need a replacement that fast. Cheers

If it doesn't improve by itself, you should contact DJI support. The battery had a warranty and breaking it in would likely have not made a difference.

Most of these battery warranties state a level that the battery should charge to. Yours is defective...or the circuitry it.
You should be able to get it replaced - hopefully!
If you bought it from a dealer or Amazon, you should just return it rather than trying to get warranty (IMHO).

Reactions: elie kattar
If it doesn't improve by itself, you should contact DJI support. The battery had a warranty and breaking it in would likely have not made a difference.

Most of these battery warranties state a level that the battery should charge to. Yours is defective...or the circuitry it.
If you bought it from a dealer or Amazon, you should just return it rather than trying to get warranty (IMHO).
well sadly its not the case, i have bought the bird from a local shop here where i live, and actually i contacted DJI for support directly asking them to verify my concern via the logs they already have, the thing is i tried all the best to make sure it lives longer but everyday since the problem showed up, recharging it at full shows the cells are very close to each other, but when i start to fly, things change, its still giving me 10min of flight time on 50% discharge but the 87% health of the battery and the last SHUT down mid air that happened are really getting me worried and stop flying for now.... thank you for your input i thought someone maybe has something close to my issue but it seems im the only one here with such an issue.. hope then replace it anw thx again

That sucks along with all the other issues people have been having.

What are the break in steps that should be done? I missed that also.

Reactions: AbsPapa
That sucks along with all the other issues people have been having.

What are the break in steps that should be done? I missed that also.
Hey well the break it process consist of charging the battery at full then discharging it to 50% max first 10 cycles this will help the break in process, after that at 20cycles time to train the cells by discharging it to 8% then fully charging it back to a full this is recommended by dji.. But anw mine didn't even reach 10 cycles before it failed, contacted dji with my issue they are resolving it with their engineering section and said will reply soon about their decision... Dealer didn't accept to refund at all or replace it even... Hope my warranty works and dji admit its there fault... Cheers

Hey well the break it process consist of charging the battery at full then discharging it to 50% max first 10 cycles this will help the break in process, after that at 20cycles time to train the cells by discharging it to 8% then fully charging it back to a full this is recommended by dji.. But anw mine didn't even reach 10 cycles before it failed, contacted dji with my issue they are resolving it with their engineering section and said will reply soon about their decision... Dealer didn't accept to refund at all or replace it even... Hope my warranty works and dji admit its there fault... Cheers

If you paid credit card or paypal you can reverse the charges if DJI or your dealer does not cooperate. Make sure you don't let the time run out on those return policies (I think paypal is 45 days - your credit card may be 30 or maybe more).

Reactions: elie kattar
If that battery was discharged to 8 % when you had less that 10 flights on it-- unfortunately, you can write it off. Anytime those cells become unbalanced more than .03 to .04, a cell is damaged and probably wont ever recover.. Hopefully, DJI will make it good for you. 10 -10 minute flights is a good rule of thumb-- not set in concrete-- to "condition the battery.
But don't ever go lower than 30 % if you don't have to-- it is just asking for trouble. Try to start your landing process at 40% if you are if it is going to take you about 2 minutes to get on the ground.
Set your low battery warning at 30%.

Just to let u know that dji confirmed my battery as DOA and got a new one thx for the help cheers mate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan