P3 Firmware 8 steps to fix the latest firmware failure on your P3S

Reaction score
I had the unpleasant experience of the latest firmware failure on my P3S last night. I downloaded the latest DJI GO app and it told me there was a new firmware update available, so I fired everything up and away it went.
Downloaded no problem, but at 50% install it stopped and said failed.
I shut everything down and stated it all back up,
when I turned on the drone there was this loud beeping noise with no led lights and everything twitching, wasn't looking good and did not know what to do with it and could not find much on the net, someone suggested just leave it turned on for about 1 hour and it should fix itself, wrong! did nothing except overheat everything.
Below is how I fixed mine.
Have everything turned off.
1. delete and re install the latest DJI GO app
2. Start the app
3. Turn on the RC and make sure it connects to wifi
4. Turn on the drone, ignore the loud beeps and wait for it to say aircraft connected on the DJI GO app and tap camera.
Now in this mode I had no battery status and no gps satellites, and most of the setting would not work, it said safe to fly but obviously nothing worked so don't worry
5. Tap the menu button for camera settings and then tap tools menu and scroll down to format SD card and format it. Should say format successful.
6. Go back to main screen and tap the middle button (safe to fly) it should bring up a status window with compass calibration and other stats on the aircraft, scroll down to SD card and make sure it formatted ok and should tell you what storage is available.
7. What I did here was shut everything down and then started everything back up again, the drone was still beeping very loud, I waited for the app to say aircraft connected and tapped camera mode, within short time it said go to home menu you have firmware update available, so went to home screen and there it was.
8. Follow the prompts from here, and hopefully it will rectify your problem, my drone was still beeping loud until the upgrade got to 62% then all of a sudden it stopped and all the led's started working and it completed with no errors.

I hope this might help anyone that had the same problem as me. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm fighting with this right now. Unfortunately, I can't access the camera settings menu to format the SD card. The menu keeps flashing and won't let me select anything. I'm now trying to download the firmware separately to put on the SD card, but DJI doesn't provide links to the P3S firmware on their website like they do for the other models. Does anyone know where I can find the firmware zip file?

Considering that there are multiple people having to fight with this, it seems that DJI's QA/QC dropped the ball...

Reactions: Robert Miller
I'm fighting with this right now. Unfortunately, I can't access the camera settings menu to format the SD card. The menu keeps flashing and won't let me select anything. I'm now trying to download the firmware separately to put on the SD card, but DJI doesn't provide links to the P3S firmware on their website like they do for the other models. Does anyone know where I can find the firmware zip file?

Considering that there are multiple people having to fight with this, it seems that DJI's QA/QC dropped the ball...
Aaron when you turn on everything does it tell you in DJI go that the aircraft is connected or disconnected?

I have a copy of the bin file if you need it, but don't know if that will fix your problem as I think the SD card may be corrupt.

Let me know

Thanks, but I ended up getting it figured out on my own. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Go app. At first it had shown that the aircraft was connected with a gray image from the camera, but it disconnected quickly. I couldn't get it connected again for whatever reason. I took another SD card that I had kicking around, formatted it in a computer, and stuck it in the bird. I was able to connect to it then, formatted the card, then tried to update the firmware through the app. Unfortunately, that still didn't work as I ended up with the 'upgrade failed' error message.

So, I dug the .bin file out of my phone that was downloaded through the app, loaded it on the newly formatted SD card with a laptop, then fired up the P3S with the card inside. It was still noisy for awhile (who at DJI decided to make the error noise so loud?!? :eek:), but then quieted down as the firmware update completed. I was then able to connect through the app, but it showed that both the video and RC signals were very poor, and they dropped out shortly thereafter. However, after a quick reboot of the phone, everything is working again. I took it for a quick flight and it seems to be working properly.

Anyway, if the original steps don't work, my suggestion is to simply load the firmware on the card to do the update, let it update, then reboot the phone. That might be all that's needed, but who knows with how finicky these things seem to be. If anyone needs the .bin file, please let me know and I'll toss it in my public dropbox folder for download.

Oh well I'm glad you got it sorted, everyone's situation seems different and the fix for one is not always the fix for others. Glad to here your fixed and back flying. Yeah that loud beep is bloody annoying, I hope I never have to go through that again [emoji106]

I'm in the same boat. Update failed and now the bird only makes obnoxious beeping noise. Let it do it for 90 min. but it still in beeping limbo. I can connect to the camera and the info even says the correct firmware but that's about it. Can't get the bin file off my iPad. Hopefully when I get that and try the SDcard otherwise back DJI.

Thanks, but I ended up getting it figured out on my own. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Go app. At first it had shown that the aircraft was connected with a gray image from the camera, but it disconnected quickly. I couldn't get it connected again for whatever reason. I took another SD card that I had kicking around, formatted it in a computer, and stuck it in the bird. I was able to connect to it then, formatted the card, then tried to update the firmware through the app. Unfortunately, that still didn't work as I ended up with the 'upgrade failed' error message.

So, I dug the .bin file out of my phone that was downloaded through the app, loaded it on the newly formatted SD card with a laptop, then fired up the P3S with the card inside. It was still noisy for awhile (who at DJI decided to make the error noise so loud?!? :eek:), but then quieted down as the firmware update completed. I was then able to connect through the app, but it showed that both the video and RC signals were very poor, and they dropped out shortly thereafter. However, after a quick reboot of the phone, everything is working again. I took it for a quick flight and it seems to be working properly.

Anyway, if the original steps don't work, my suggestion is to simply load the firmware on the card to do the update, let it update, then reboot the phone. That might be all that's needed, but who knows with how finicky these things seem to be. If anyone needs the .bin file, please let me know and I'll toss it in my public dropbox folder for download.

Hi Aaron,

I'm having the same issue, Could you please send me the bin file?
Thanks,

[email protected]

I had the unpleasant experience of the latest firmware failure on my P3S last night. I downloaded the latest DJI GO app and it told me there was a new firmware update available, so I fired everything up and away it went.
Downloaded no problem, but at 50% install it stopped and said failed.
I shut everything down and stated it all back up,
when I turned on the drone there was this loud beeping noise with no led lights and everything twitching, wasn't looking good and did not know what to do with it and could not find much on the net, someone suggested just leave it turned on for about 1 hour and it should fix itself, wrong! did nothing except overheat everything.
Below is how I fixed mine.
Have everything turned off.
1. delete and re install the latest DJI GO app
2. Start the app
3. Turn on the RC and make sure it connects to wifi
4. Turn on the drone, ignore the loud beeps and wait for it to say aircraft connected on the DJI GO app and tap camera.
Now in this mode I had no battery status and no gps satellites, and most of the setting would not work, it said safe to fly but obviously nothing worked so don't worry
5. Tap the menu button for camera settings and then tap tools menu and scroll down to format SD card and format it. Should say format successful.
6. Go back to main screen and tap the middle button (safe to fly) it should bring up a status window with compass calibration and other stats on the aircraft, scroll down to SD card and make sure it formatted ok and should tell you what storage is available.
7. What I did here was shut everything down and then started everything back up again, the drone was still beeping very loud, I waited for the app to say aircraft connected and tapped camera mode, within short time it said go to home menu you have firmware update available, so went to home screen and there it was.
8. Follow the prompts from here, and hopefully it will rectify your problem, my drone was still beeping loud until the upgrade got to 62% then all of a sudden it stopped and all the led's started working and it completed with no errors.

I hope this might help anyone that had the same problem as me. Good luck

Hi Dronego! I just wanted to send you a huge thank you for this post. I am new to the drone community and was having a horrible time with the firmware update. I followed your steps here and everything went just as you said it would. I think I got this now. Thanks again my friend.

I'm having a challenging time with my Phantom Standard. Firmware update went wrong somewhere...

I now can't connect the RC to the aircraft. I can connect the DJI Go App to the RC. Re-connecting the RC to the aircraft by the recommended method doesn't work (either initiating from the RC or from the DJI Go App). I puch the button on the aircraft and it flashes red, the RC makes the expected beeping sounds but it won't make the connection.

So I thought I'd try putting the upgrade file directly onto the SD and into the aircraft. I downloaded Aaron's dropbox file. When I put the card in the aircraft and switch on, it looks promising and it starts the status light flashing red and green as expected but then it goes sold red and has a solid beep.

I read somewhere else that DJI said to leave it like that for an hour so I'm now listening to it screaming in the next room.... I don't hold out much hope that this will work so
a) Is P3C_FW_V01.04.0060.bin definitely the correct file for the Standard Phantom 3?
b) Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Seems every new update comes with more hassle. Never had an issue until this one. After hours and much info from this forum(thanks to all) I am finally up to date. At least until the next update.

I'm having a challenging time with my Phantom Standard. Firmware update went wrong somewhere...

I now can't connect the RC to the aircraft. I can connect the DJI Go App to the RC. Re-connecting the RC to the aircraft by the recommended method doesn't work (either initiating from the RC or from the DJI Go App). I puch the button on the aircraft and it flashes red, the RC makes the expected beeping sounds but it won't make the connection.

So I thought I'd try putting the upgrade file directly onto the SD and into the aircraft. I downloaded Aaron's dropbox file. When I put the card in the aircraft and switch on, it looks promising and it starts the status light flashing red and green as expected but then it goes sold red and has a solid beep.

I read somewhere else that DJI said to leave it like that for an hour so I'm now listening to it screaming in the next room.... I don't hold out much hope that this will work so
a) Is P3C_FW_V01.04.0060.bin definitely the correct file for the Standard Phantom 3?
b) Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Hey mate you can also try this.
Start the DJI GO app and in the top right corner is a hat symbol, press it for 10 secs and it will open a screen to let you load another version of the firmware. Good luck

Just got P3P yesterday. would not let me even fly until I did the update to firmware. I watched several videos, wrote steps down and followed them to the letter.
The AC said it was successful...Tried the same file in the RC it just stays red light. Now the drone just does a double beep and won't connect to the RC. I also uninstalled the DJI app, reinstalled it, signed into the app with my account, and connected it to the RC via the provided cable. RC will not connect or talk to my phone. It was connected last night when I first tried it.
I don't know what my firmware ver was before I started, but its jacked up pretty good now.
This journey is starting off with a bummer...any suggestions?

Just got P3P yesterday. would not let me even fly until I did the update to firmware. I watched several videos, wrote steps down and followed them to the letter.
The AC said it was successful...Tried the same file in the RC it just stays red light. Now the drone just does a double beep and won't connect to the RC. I also uninstalled the DJI app, reinstalled it, signed into the app with my account, and connected it to the RC via the provided cable. RC will not connect or talk to my phone. It was connected last night when I first tried it.
I don't know what my firmware ver was before I started, but its jacked up pretty good now.
This journey is starting off with a bummer...any suggestions?
Hey man, you are in the wrong area if you have a P3P. The methods of doing upgrade and downgrades is different to the Standard model so the instructions here will be wrong for your setup.
Some guys on this forum have all models so they might help you, but not a good way to start out. I'm sure you will get it sorted

would not let me even fly until I did the update to firmware

Are some FW updates really forced? Or forced in some regions? (Image Transmission Settings > Channel Mode > Custom is grayed out if the phone or tablet is set to some regions).

On the other hand some people use quite old FW.

I got P3P last summer and AFAIR last July there was a forced FW update before the AC could take off. Or maybe being a novice I misread the alert then??

Is anyone stuck at the point where there is the loud beeping and no lights are flashing or on?
I performed the 7 steps and my android GO app indicates that I am in the latest FW version 1.8.
I'm going to try to use a different SD card, which came with my aircraft P3S.

I would try replacing the SD card, make sure you format it also

I would try replacing the SD card, make sure you format it also

I did change the SD card, using the original 8mg SD card that came with the bird, and the update seemed to take. Beeping continued until around 68% complete and the I finished the FW update, shut down bird and RC, restarted and it SEEMS like it will work.
currently raining, so Ill know fo sho later today, if the 8 step resolution is successful.
no more beeping

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl