8 hours missing

Reaction score
On my second flight this morning, was out 2700 feet lost sight, went to bring her back and pulled back the wrong stick, was only flying 30 ft up over the marsh, and then lost signal. Was sure it went swimming so I rushed home got the kayak and played in the marsh mud for 7 hours before giving up. Got home and I had a voice mail some one found it right at the Home point! Battery out and on it's side but she is home now!

It is worth putting your name and Number on your bird!!!!!

Reactions: Squirrel!
yes and don't fly so low

Glad you got it back. But honestly you shouldn't be flight out of beginner mode of your still getting the sticks backwards

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Glad you got it back. Don't feel bad, everyone here has goofed at one time or another. Just be thankful you were lucky enough to get that call!

Yep there's a number of stories of this same thing happening - both here and on youtube. Pilot goes looking for his lost aircraft while his aircraft is coming home and landing just as it is supposed to do.

So did the person steal your battery? You said the battery was missing and the quad was on its side but it returned to its home point.

Glad you got it back. But honestly you shouldn't be flight out of beginner mode of your still getting the sticks backwards

I'm an old R/C airplane flyer, and have been flying my P3S for a little over a month. Numerous times, I have pulled my right stick backwards to increase altitude (elevator up on airplane) only to get even closer to the obstacle that I was trying to avoid (behind the Phantom)
Old habits die hard....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Haha that makes sense

So did the person steal your battery? You said the battery was missing and the quad was on its side but it returned to its home point.
No, he returned it, just said it was on the ground next to it. Went back and looked at the spot this morning and there was branch that was pretty close to the take off point, thinking it hit it on the way down, another lesson learned

No, he returned it, just said it was on the ground next to it. Went back and looked at the spot this morning and there was branch that was pretty close to the take off point, thinking it hit it on the way down, another lesson learned

Wow, you were lucky.... were you at the same point as before that we talked about? Glad that you got it back...

Pat in Pooler

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl