8 flights, P3A, cracked shell

I think it's the exact same drone minus the poor customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
But it said in their email :
Customer satisfaction is our top priority. We are committed to providing the best aerial photography and camera stabilization solutions along with high-quality customer service. Thank you for choosing DJI!

Best Regards,

DJI Support

It's the basic same shape but the top is round. I am going to buy one this winter and see if it works. $88 for a coast guard orange bird is worth it.

Whoa, if they put in best regards wellllll they mean it.
e79a3394e1c208eb78ec67f676af6a96.jpg

Last edited:
I bought mine with a MasterCard that has a extra 2 year warranty for anything I buy, all I have to do is send in the claim for the price of the repair.

It is so nice to have that feature!

Kurt

I joined the club last month after 50 flights.

Yeah, the have the shell replacement down to a science - doesn't take them long once they have it.

But - what I'm worried about is what happens after I've had it for a year or so and they no longer honor the warranty - will I have to be paying shipping and repair every few months when I get new cracks?

I know there's an aftermarket carbon fiber frame available but it is UGLY and expensive. I wish DJI could get to the bottom of this. This is my only complaint about the P3P - otherwise it is an incredible piece of machinery. I just don't like the idea of it needing to basically be on shell dialysis to stay alive.......

My P3A just arrived at Carson after I sent it out last Wednesday. It will be interesting to see how the DJI service goes.

Two days after arriving and DJI says my P3A is repaired and will be shipped back to my address. That's pretty good, as long as it works and is fixed. I will see soon.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

No cracks for me and over 70 flights.. early generation p3 pro.. lucky i suppose!. Just bought the uav bits reinforcements to be extra sure going forward. This issue is getting out of hand :(

Sent from my SM-N9300 using PhantomPilots mobile app

No cracks for me and over 70 flights.. early generation p3 pro.. lucky i suppose!. Just bought the uav bits reinforcements to be extra sure going forward. This issue is getting out of hand :(

Sent from my SM-N9300 using PhantomPilots mobile app
You know my buddy got an early generation P3a and had nothing wrong with it. It has the older motors. He fly's his more than I do.

Two days after arriving and DJI says my P3A is repaired and will be shipped back to my address. That's pretty good, as long as it works and is fixed. I will see soon.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Well,

My P3A is arriving tomorrow after repair by DJI. I hope it is fixed correctly and works well. I'll post to let everyone know if all is well.

It's the basic same shape but the top is round. I am going to buy one this winter and see if it works. $88 for a coast guard orange bird is worth it.

Whoa, if they put in best regards wellllll they mean it.
e79a3394e1c208eb78ec67f676af6a96.jpg

I am going that route also. My experience with DJI customer service deserves 1star out of 10.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik