8 flights, P3A, cracked shell

Welcome to the ever-growing club.
Hi guys,

I just joined the club this morning... :(

4hrs flight time in 20 flights, no crashes or hard landings. Discovered in post-flight inspection.
New shell design (W322B) and motor mount screws loosened about 1/4 of a turn after reading all the posts here on the forum.

Will fly it a bit longer like this as I'm on holiday right now and I need the bird for some aerial footage. Will keep you posted about the RMA progress once I get back home.

Regards,
Sylvain

Hi guys,

I just joined the club this morning... :(

4hrs flight time in 20 flights, no crashes or hard landings. Discovered in post-flight inspection.
New shell design (W322B) and motor mount screws loosened about 1/4 of a turn after reading all the posts here on the forum.

Will fly it a bit longer like this as I'm on holiday right now and I need the bird for some aerial footage. Will keep you posted about the RMA progress once I get back home.

Regards,
Sylvain
Sorry to hear this.
I found that by calling you get a faster rma and shipping label.

A small crack formed on my nearly new P3. It only had 8 flights, no crashes. DJI sent me a shipping label and an RMA for warranty repair. I didn't think it would happen to me but it has.

My P3A just arrived at Carson after I sent it out last Wednesday. It will be interesting to see how the DJI service goes.

My P3A just arrived at Carson after I sent it out last Wednesday. It will be interesting to see how the DJI service goes.
I just got a email from them saying mine is done. They received it on Monday.
Your Phantom 3 Advanced has been repaired.We are going to ship it back to the following address : ************ If there's anything wrong with the address, please contact customer service by calling us on 818-235-0789 for RMA status, or talk to DJI chat agents by clicking on this link DJI Support - Here for You

Please click the following link to view your repair status:REPAIR PROGRESS INQUIRY.

Please note this is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

Customer satisfaction is our top priority. We are committed to providing the best aerial photography and camera stabilization solutions along with high-quality customer service. Thank you for choosing DJI!

Best Regards,

DJI Support

so mine is on its way back.

Should I loosen all the screws a 1/4 turn? should I leave it alone? should I add those supports ?

I just got a email saying my P3P has been repaired. They received it Monday so that's really quick. Hopefully she's off the crack lol

I joined the club last month after 50 flights.

Yeah, the have the shell replacement down to a science - doesn't take them long once they have it.

But - what I'm worried about is what happens after I've had it for a year or so and they no longer honor the warranty - will I have to be paying shipping and repair every few months when I get new cracks?

I know there's an aftermarket carbon fiber frame available but it is UGLY and expensive. I wish DJI could get to the bottom of this. This is my only complaint about the P3P - otherwise it is an incredible piece of machinery. I just don't like the idea of it needing to basically be on shell dialysis to stay alive.......

Yeah, the have the shell replacement down to a science - doesn't take them long once they have it.

But - what I'm worried about is what happens after I've had it for a year or so and they no longer honor the warranty - will I have to be paying shipping and repair every few months when I get new cracks?

I know there's an aftermarket carbon fiber frame available but it is UGLY and expensive. I wish DJI could get to the bottom of this. This is my only complaint about the P3P - otherwise it is an incredible piece of machinery. I just don't like the idea of it needing to basically be on shell dialysis to stay alive.......
They told me they have fix the problem with the cases cracking. With that said maybe after the warranty runs out I may turn the bolts back 1/4 turn. To play it safe.

Wow...that is fantastic news! Would love to hear something from them or some other corroboration - and would love to know what caused it!!

Do you have a link to the aftermarket carbon fiber frame?

The fact it takes almost a month out of my flight time, the warranty is almost not even worth it.

Anyone thought about grabbing an Autel shell? It's heavier (thicker) and comes in cool orange.
$88 bucks on eBay or Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20