7inch sunshade

Reaction score
Hey all I have a square jelly fish tablet mount can anyone recommend a good quality sunshade.? I do not want to order the wrong thing. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a Nexus 7 and ordered what I am guessing is the same thing but from Amazon

I don't know about a Jellyfish. I have the standard Inspire type controller.

I have a Nexus 7 and ordered what I am guessing is the same thing but from Amazon

I don't know about a Jellyfish. I have the standard Inspire type controller.

How do you guys deal with the extra width - since the N7 is only 4 1/2 wide?

I've been flying drones for awhile. I gave up the aftermarket sun-hood/sun-shade items and I use cardboard.... yep cardboard... works great!. It's a nice alternative for tablets like the Nexus 7. I demo 'the cardboard sun-shade' in this vid.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: 66Fury and Shep
I've been flying drones for awhile. I gave up the aftermarket sun-hood/sun-shade items and I use cardboard.... yep cardboard... works great!. It's a nice alternative for tablets like the Nexus 7. I demo 'the cardboard sun-shade' in this vid.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very informative! I like simple. Might sound silly, but what is the density of cardboard you are using. After all cardboard does come in many thicknesses and varieties. I am assuming it must be dense enough to somewhat maintain it's shape for the visor part.

Very informative! I like simple. Might sound silly, but what is the density of cardboard you are using. After all cardboard does come in many thicknesses and varieties. I am assuming it must be dense enough to somewhat maintain it's shape for the visor part.

Thank you! It is a cardboard box from a frozen shepards pie. Thin, yet strong cardboard.... very functional but not the most elegant looking. :)

How do you guys deal with the extra width - since the N7 is only 4 1/2 wide?
The tablet is used in landscape mode which is 7.87". My Nexus 7 fits perfect width wide and has about 3/8-1/2" extra height which isn't an issue. They call it a 7" model as it fits 7" displays.

Looks like I need to buy some shepherds pie.:D

Thanks for taking the time to make the video Captain.

Reactions: CaptainDrone798
Check out Hoodman for a good quality sunshade. Just saw them at NAB and they rock!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic