I do the same type of outing as you. Sounds like you have it covered (including the manual and other stuff to read)
I have an inverter in my truck for charging. Assume you have a means as well.
I also recommend a Spot Messenger.

Welcome to the forum, I'm not sure where you're from, but MicroCenter is selling backpacks and other accessories for less than 40% of MSRP, try there.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you asking for a preflight checklist or just telling everyone what you're buying?

HIKE? Maybe you people in Leesville have a hiking addiction, but not this fellow. Is that just the heat and humidity talking? JK :D

I remove the case from my wrangler, walk 15' and set the bastard on a sturdy table.

The whole reason I bought this was to fly around so I wouldn't HAVE to hike. Unless the Victoria's Secrets models are camping just a few hundred yards over, I'm not hiking jack squat.

But ya, who the hell would lug one of these around.

Plenty of hiking around Leesville with Fort Polk. But we relocated to Fort Bragg, NC while my father is deployed. Lots of hiking here too. But, we are going to spend all summer with grandparents in Iowa once we get settled in here. I misunderstood and thought you were hiking the trails, my bad.

HIKE? Maybe you people in Leesville have a hiking addiction, but not this fellow. Is that just the heat and humidity talking? JK :D

Captain Morgan,
You're in Louisiana? How many people do we have on here from La? I looked at the FAA site that lists drones registered by zip code and my town shows 72. Hell I aint seen another one yet.

I should get the new NVIDIA SHIELD K1 next Monday. When it arrives I'll update and install the GO app, and update the firmware on the new batteries I bought.

Then I might put the props on and just sync it up and give it a spin up outside for a bit.

Having the P3P, the case, the batts, the chargers, the tablet, the app, firmware updates, I think I'll have everything I need to start testing in the woods.

I was thinking of flying line of sight down the logged roads just to test RTH, setting way points etc. Distance first, then height.

Put the Litchi app on it as well.

I'm not IN Louisiana, I'm FROM Louisiana, all over it. Who wants a tamale from Zwolle? To hell with the heat and humidity I tell ya!

errr . . . Litchi . . . . ? alrighty then.

LoL! not many would even know where the town of Zwolle is. I actually went to a prom there. I'm from south Louisiana, just below BR.

No, not a Supulvado, she was a Garcia.
Born in Gonzales, spent part of my life in N.O., Kenner/Matairie now in Prairieville. Just got into Phantoms within the last month.

BTW, that backpack I ordered on ebay arrived. There are a few things that I don't like about it. But it'll probably be ok. I mostly wanted something just to keep all my **** in one sock and it will accomplish that. The foam is nice because it isn't the hard foam, the design is good and it is pretty well made. The cut outs on it are not quite form fitting allowing a little wiggle room. And there is no support for the motor arms of the phantom. Those are my first impressions of it. Oh, and you will have to remove the props, would have rather have had a little more room to allow them to stay on.

No one mentioned it but do an IMU calibration on a known level surface. I know I had to do ine out of the box and after the updates. Also did a gimbal calibration on a known flat surface too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj