Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Captain Morgan, May 18, 2016.

1. Captain Morgan

#1 Captain Morgan, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    deltamike likes this.
  2. sonof40

I do the same type of outing as you. Sounds like you have it covered (including the manual and other stuff to read)
    I have an inverter in my truck for charging. Assume you have a means as well.
    I also recommend a Spot Messenger.

3. Raja777m

Welcome to the forum, I'm not sure where you're from, but MicroCenter is selling backpacks and other accessories for less than 40% of MSRP, try there.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

4. Morgas Resnak

I assume you are talking backpack and not hardshell. No boonie humping with a hardshell for certain.

5. Morgas Resnak

Have fun and remember, not everything buzzing around is a drone :cool:

6. fropleyqk

Are you asking for a preflight checklist or just telling everyone what you're buying?

7. Morgas Resnak

Honestly, unless you have a smooth, paved surface, a hard case is not feasible to hike outdoors. You need to go with a backpack.

8. Morgas Resnak

Plenty of hiking around Leesville with Fort Polk. But we relocated to Fort Bragg, NC while my father is deployed. Lots of hiking here too. But, we are going to spend all summer with grandparents in Iowa once we get settled in here. I misunderstood and thought you were hiking the trails, my bad.

9. Rypper1

Captain Morgan,
    You're in Louisiana? How many people do we have on here from La? I looked at the FAA site that lists drones registered by zip code and my town shows 72. Hell I aint seen another one yet.

10. tkurtz

Put the Litchi app on it as well.

11. Rypper1

LoL! not many would even know where the town of Zwolle is. I actually went to a prom there. I'm from south Louisiana, just below BR.

12. Rypper1

No, not a Supulvado, she was a Garcia.
    Born in Gonzales, spent part of my life in N.O., Kenner/Matairie now in Prairieville. Just got into Phantoms within the last month.

13. Rypper1

BTW, that backpack I ordered on ebay arrived. There are a few things that I don't like about it. But it'll probably be ok. I mostly wanted something just to keep all my **** in one sock and it will accomplish that. The foam is nice because it isn't the hard foam, the design is good and it is pretty well made. The cut outs on it are not quite form fitting allowing a little wiggle room. And there is no support for the motor arms of the phantom. Those are my first impressions of it. Oh, and you will have to remove the props, would have rather have had a little more room to allow them to stay on.

14. bryan_m

No one mentioned it but do an IMU calibration on a known level surface. I know I had to do ine out of the box and after the updates. Also did a gimbal calibration on a known flat surface too.