7000mah 3s 11.1v battery

Nope but is that for the phantom 1? 1.1.1? Looks like it's for the husban quadcopter from the description

Nope but is that for the phantom 1? 1.1.1? Looks like it's for the husban quadcopter from the description
Yes that is what it was made for, but from the dimensions I was wondering why it wouldn't work in a Phantom 1.1.1? I am new to the phantom and quads in general, so I am just putting it out there. I know it is pretty heavy , but some people put two 2800mah batteries on their phantoms for longer flight times.

The battery is too long and too wide to fit "inside" the P1. If you decide to mount it outside the battery compartment understand that most claims of extended flight times (using larger batteries) are "GROSSLY" over exaggerated. You won't get anywhere near 30 minutes. Doubling battery size does not give you twice the flight time because the extra weight eats up the battery capacity more quickly than it would a smaller battery.

Another downside to using a larger battery is that your agile P1 will be turned from a "cigar class" speed boat into a lumbering super tanker.

If maneuverability is high up on your list of priorities, adding weight for any reason is going to give you disappointing results.

Reactions: kjar211
The battery is too long and too wide to fit "inside" the P1. If you decide to mount it outside the battery compartment understand that most claims of extended flight times (using larger batteries) are "GROSSLY" over exaggerated. You won't get anywhere near 30 minutes. Doubling battery size does not give you twice the flight time because the extra weight eats up the battery capacity more quickly than it would a smaller battery.

Another downside to using a larger battery is that your agile P1 will be turned from a "cigar class" speed boat into a lumbering super tanker.

If maneuverability is high up on your list of priorities, adding weight for any reason is going to give you disappointing results.
Thanks for the info. I re-read the specs and now see that it would be to long to fit inside a phantom 1.1.1 ( 109 mm ). I think a better solution for me would be to buy 3 new phantom batteries for about the same cost. Or could you suggest something else. Thanks again

If your main goal is to increase flight time the best tips I could offer would be to:

Minimize weight - The P1 maximum recommended take off weight (AUW) should be less than 1200g

Use the P2 props

Fly conservatively..... avoid cold or windy days

Keep an eye out for better batteries with higher C ratings.... a good one I've found is the MadDog 3S 2700 mah 25C.
It's heavier than the off the shelf DJI battery and a little more expensive but it typically adds 3-4 minutes to my flights.

Reactions: kjar211
I've tried the P2 props and do get more flight time from them. How does the 2700mah battery fit? Is it physically close to the same size as the 2200mah factory battery

The Hobbyking Multistar 3000 mah batteries will fit in the Phantom 1.1.1 with some trimming of the battery door opening. They are cheap and light weight. I have modified my P1.1.1 to accept longer batteries.

I've tried the P2 props and do get more flight time from them. How does the 2700mah battery fit? Is it physically close to the same size as the 2200mah factory battery

2200 mah 3S XT-60 Plug Stock P1 Battery 10.5 x 3.5 x 2.5
2700 mah 3S XT-60 Plug MadDog Battery 10.5 x 3.5 x 2.9

The MadDog battery fits into the P1 battery bay BUT a small portion of the XT-60 notch on the P1 Battery entrance needs to be trimmed to allow the connected XT-60 plug connection to be pushed easily into the battery entrance.when inserting the battery.

Thank you to everyone that replied. Now let me ask opinions on making the holes and make connection outside of compartment? Thanks

Has anyone used the 2700mah battery from Tattu in their Phantom? They are priced competitively. All of these batteries are half the cost of the battery for shipping

I think the tattu one is too long to fit wirh the door closed if I remember correctly

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OK, do you happen to know exactly how many mm is the longest battery that will fit with the door shut? Everything is measured in mm. I truly appreciate everyone's help on battery information

Just an FYI i have a phantom 1.1.1 i bought a dual battery carbon fibre setup, bought 2 4000 multistar batteries i get about 23 min flying time in optimal conditions, and about 14 min with the 2 stock batteries. It takes off great and flys great no issues.

Attachments

• 1452297166203.jpg
    1452297166203.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 550
The multistar batteries i bought will fit the phantom stock battery compartment with a little modification. I preffered to spend 9 bucks on the dual setup and get twice as much flying time as with one. I can also choose to fly my stock batteries one at a time if i want a short flight like the one i took 2 days ago when the weather was great for flying here in canada in january.

Thanks for the idea of dual batteries. Do you notice any negative effects with 2 heavy batteries onboard ? I have bought but yet to try ,2 of the Dinogy 2800 man batteries. Been to cold in northern Minnesota,- 27 this am

No not so far, it takes off really great, once flying it seems as smooth as the day i got it with the stock batteries. Check out the link provided, i filmed it last week here in Ontario Canada while we had a mild spell. Its really cold now, but not like you having it minnesota right now. I intend to get the new boscam all in one camera transmitter recorder for my FPV setup. I am sure the drone will fly without any problems, i might keep the garmin cam on it and attach the boscam as the FPV one. My garmin has a built in GPS hence why i can add the overlays to the video. If the drone is lumbersome to lift off, i will take off the garmin and just use the boscam. But i think it will be ok, it weighs just about as much as a gimbal would.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just to add to you post, those 2800 mah batteries you bought, they should work just fine, mine are 4000 mah each and with both strapped in on either side of the drone it flies great. You should not have any problems with those, i suspect you will probably get around 18 to 19 min flying time with both hooked up.

Good video . All that info at the top of the video, is that from the Garmin ? I like that. I'll have to keep track of how you do your fpv, as I would like to do that also.

Yes the garmin has built in gps which creates a gpx file when u load the video. You can use the garmin virb edit program which is free when u have a gpx file created with the video. I used dashware because they helped me setup so i can get ground altitude and not sealevel altitude. All i do is fly record load video into each program and the end result is what u see above, i customized the guages so all i do is load them when i have new video. I intend to use both the garmin and the boscan cam only boscan will give me fpv the garmin wont it wont live sream video. The boscan cam weighs 50 grams so added to my drone it will be over the takeoff weight but not by much. I have read these birds can handle a lot of addons as long as they are light. I am also gonna upgrade to better props for performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers