6600mAh Stealth Battery Mod ... (27.5 minute flight times)

Re: 6600mAh Stealth Battery Mod ... (25 minute flight times)

A V+ with no mods and assembled for flight weighs 1277gr on my scale.
DJI says 1284gr.
So take a weighing scale and you know the additional weight it has assembled ready to fly.

ilovecoffee said:
Is the Walkera battery also made up of 3 cells? (answered my own question: yes) I'm wondering if it's just possible to do a straight switch within the same DJI battery frame.

I've seen some 10,000 mah 11.1v batteries but they are over 650grams and I doubt the size will fit. But there is this 7800mah which isn't far off at 526g.

http://www.thunderpowerrc.com/Products/ ... 800-3SPP25

Would be nice to find comparable actual cells in a similar size that we could cut into a somewhat modified original battery.

The Walkera battery is just a hair too big to get the case around it and it would come out long with the boards in place... that ThunderPower is way too long at 139mm :ugeek:

Reactions: p.mitchell

DBS said:
ilovecoffee said:
Is the Walkera battery also made up of 3 cells? (answered my own question: yes) I'm wondering if it's just possible to do a straight switch within the same DJI battery frame.

I've seen some 10,000 mah 11.1v batteries but they are over 650grams and I doubt the size will fit. But there is this 7800mah which isn't far off at 526g.

Would be nice to find comparable actual cells in a similar size that we could cut into a somewhat modified original battery.

The Walkera battery is just a hair too big to get the case around it and it would come out long with the boards in place... that ThunderPower is way too long at 139mm :ugeek:

So why not just cut out the bottom of the battery frame and have it stick out? :D

ilovecoffee said:
So why not just cut out the bottom of the battery frame and have it stick out? :D

All the gimbal cables are right there and also the usb connector for firmware updates... tough mod :cool:

Nice mod! And now will u try to break 6.09 km own record?[emoji1]

There are 24 mins of TEST BATTERY, not FLIGHT.

On the flight you will use much more battery power...

Test is and please post here, the test in flight.

bond101 said:
There are 24 mins of TEST BATTERY, not FLIGHT.

On the flight you will use much more battery power...

Test is and please post here, the test in flight.

Did you read the post? This wasn't just hovering... it was a flight test on a breezy evening ... and it was 25 minutes :ugeek:

DBS said:
I didn't baby the thing and just hover the whole time... I flew around quite a bit and it was pretty breezy as well... I mean, I wasn't hammering it the whole time but I'm totally stoked with this

I see it now..

SO its nice mod

And the stability... Still the same ?

Thanks

What may appear as unrelated pieces of Mod Technology are about to:

• Merge, Converge, and Emerge

This stuff is too frigging cool. Good Job DBS !

If only DBS could adapt his Mod-Tech to a cat, you'd get this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65g_MKdPQmc
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65g_MKdPQmc[/youtube]

DBS said:
I figure this will get a bit better too... you know how Lipos are on a first date ;) ... After a few charges and cycles we'll see how she settles in and get a good average of airtime...

I was as most are, stopping before even autoland was triggered.
As i've seen on this forum somewhere your expertise DBS i had nothing to lose with 5 DJI battery's.
If it would turn out bad i would have a battery i could demolish for that PCB board.
I did what you advised concerning lipo's and i was skeptical and hoping it turned out wrong.
Something turned out wrong alright. **** i have to second your experience DBS !
Lipo's do indeed need that what you advice as they now display a 5200mah charge instead of a 5000mah one after more then 50 charges each resulting in @ least some 3 or 4 min more flying time.

DBS said:
ilovecoffee said:

someone must be able to 3D print a replacement battery cover with more depth?? or even vac form one?? i seem to recall a video somewhere about this but can't find it?? maybe not done on a V2+ ??

ToThePoint said:
As i've seen on this forum somewhere your expertise DBS i had nothing to lose with 5 DJI battery's.
If it would turn out bad i would have a battery i could demolish for that PCB board.
I did what you advised concerning lipo's and i was skeptical and hoping it turned out wrong.
Lipo's do indeed need that what you advice as they now display a 5200mah charge instead of a 5000mah one after more then 50 charges each resulting in @ least some 3 or 4 min more flying time.

Great... :oops: ... I'm giving this guy advice to help him go out and beat my distance numbers :(

I should learn to Shaddap :twisted:

And I thought nobody was listening so i stopped yapping about it and moved on... I remember getting into that conversation about cycling LiPo batteries properly for max output curve ... and a bunch of people jumped in with half baked LiPo knowledge learned from what they read on RC Groups years ago ... it got irritating ... so I shut up about it ... whatever... The proof is in the numbers and I don't see any of the people who were arguing with me posting anything spectacular... or even mildly interesting...

Now ... give me your opinion on these 9450 props... are you getting more flight time with them? ... even if it's only a minute or so ... that could make a huge difference on a long range return :ugeek:

DBS said:
ToThePoint said:

Great... :oops: ... I'm giving this guy advice to help him go out and beat my distance numbers :(

I should learn to Shaddap :twisted:

And I thought nobody was listening so i stopped yapping about it and moved on... I remember getting into that conversation about cycling LiPo batteries properly for max output curve ... and a bunch of people jumped in with half baked LiPo knowledge learned from what they read on RC Groups years ago ... it got irritating ... so I shut up about it ... whatever... The proof is in the numbers and I don't see any of the people who were arguing with me posting anything spectacular... or even mildly interesting...

Now ... give me your opinion on these 9450 props... are you getting more flight time with them? ... even if it's only a minute or so ... that could make a huge difference on a long range return :ugeek:

" The quiet person is the one with deep grounds. " We say here DBS.
I know and read that Lipo advice somewhere and it was initially contradicting with my idea also as they say that lipo's don't have a memory thing or what ever.
They in fact do, its mild and almost not mentionable but a little extra is that what makes the difference.
As i know your a intelligent human being that likes to experiment its normal to encounter fellow humans that follow the mass.
Never be discouraged by there downpulling, its there perception of what is, not yours.
Anyway i like to experiment myself and to see what works or not. And that lipo thing does indeed do what your experience told you. So now there are 2 that stand behind it !

I did change the 9443 props with the 9450 ones the same time i did the lipo sequence.
To know for sure i have to do a run with the 9443 props and the same battery.
Lucky i did charge the lipo yesterday with that 1 amp PB setting on the IMAX B6AC.
I have converted yesterday ( after that charging for 6h or so ) a GT power RC 130a to see what the total charge will be because the IMAX displays a number for it but i don't know the meaning of it.
If the weather permits we will know soon what or if there is any difference.

I am in no competition but with my own self, to improve and experiment in any circumstances.
The bird did indeed do a 6,2km run ( with the 9443 props ), thats it. If it would be more, fine. Just like it would be if it was less.
I love the excitement when it works out, the trill when you see it happen and wonder " will she make it back ? ".
I uphold therefore the Olympic idea. Participating has more value for me then winning.
I wonder when i have to bend over and receive a kick for that second spot LMAO.
I like the calm and wonderful human being you are DBS, its a rare sight.
I humble bow for your experience and knowledge.

Just did a run with the same battery and the 9443 props.

I did see it on flytrex and was confused with the result.
I even toke used/worn out 9443 props.
When it had a homelock i let it hover.
It was drifting gently to the back, that sometimes happen on startup but it usually recovers and goes back to its position.
It just drifted and drifted.
As there are no wind conditions on the ground i watched what would happen.
Behind me ( some 3m ) were x-mas tree's making a fence that are 3m high.
I gave forward stick but it moved backwards.
I panicked as it was just to close for my feeling to be good.
It ended up making x-mas tree juice that covered the bird.
The branches couch-net the fall as x-mas tree's widen towards the ground.
It rolled on the side of the tree like a ball.
It wasn't that high anymore but high enough to land on its top.
Stress and a GD.
Checking the bird, no damage, just some x-mas tree smell and green spots all over ( camouflage )
Didn't even turn it off.
Second take off i checked what the hell was going on with that forward movement.
When i gave it forward stick it moved more backwards some 50cm and then it would go forward.
@ that moment i saw a brief flicker of the app and after that all was back to normal and i could continue the flight.
I guess the bird had a reset due to a other kinda trust from the 9443 props.
The total flight time was approx 40sec less, but i messed up a lot of time in iddle.
When the battery was @ 10% i had to give stick up but it would ascend less then with the 9450 props.
So there is a noticeable difference, but not with the distance it flew.
Wind conditions are different today so i flew it @ approx 300ft to have a comparing result.
Distance covered, 0.9mile better ?????????
I have to redo the test on the same moment because i suspect the wind conditions play a huge part in it.
It even had a average speed of 23.something mph.

Charged a other battery with the DJI charger and the GT power 130A in series with it.
Its between the charger and connector for the battery.
I toke a picture of what the battery toke as a load after being charged and switched off.
5856mah ???????????

batterie.JPG

try charging a stock battery through the meter and see what you get?

locoworks said:
try charging a stock battery through the meter and see what you get?

Stock battery ?
It was the second battery i received with the bird from DJI as it has the nr 2 on it, a more stock battery then that ?
I am confused, again ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4