64g microSDXC card on sale at BB Today

Reaction score
Thought I'd share for those of you who shoot 4K...
SanDisk - Pixtor Advanced 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-3 Memory Card - Red/Gold on sale today at Best Buy for $50 - usually $150...

That's a great deal for Best Buy. If you spend an extra $5 though, you can pick up the SanDisk Extreme PRO on Amazon.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctp
Thought I'd share for those of you who shoot 4K...
SanDisk - Pixtor Advanced 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-3 Memory Card - Red/Gold on sale today at Best Buy for $50 - usually $150...

Pixtor is a Best Buy rebranded Sandisk Extreme Ultra. two or three weeks ago the 64GB 80MB/s microSD Pixtor was on sale for $32, I bought 4. It's a great card and tested at 64MB/s sequential write on my computer. BB does this so you can't price match from Amazon, etc.

As PhantomHelp mentions above, just go into BB and get the 64GB Extreme Pro 90MB/s and have them price match to Amazon at $54.99.

While the faster read speed will help transfer the data to your computer more quickly, it won't help you take quicker photographs on the P3 until DJI fixes the firmware bug that restricts the SD bus to "Normal Speed", which is 12.5MB/s.

Every card that is marked "Class 10" or "U1" is guaranteed to have a minimum sustained sequential write speed of 10MB/s, which is plenty fast enough for Phantom video, which maxes out at 7.5MB/s (4K and UHD are encoded at 60mbps).

Reactions: Mike Gravo
FYI about Best Buy price matching. The last time I tried to do it (for something else), they would not allow it since the item was not sold AND fulfilled by Amazon.

Good points all! I always but Class 10 UHD 3 because I don't only use them in my P3P, and also because I just love fast things....

Good points all! I always but Class 10 UHD 3 because I don't only use them in my P3P, and also because I just love fast things....

The U3 Pixtor 80MB/s is a dream in my Sony a6000. I shot a 20 second 11fps (220 24MP pictures) burst of a man hand rolling a cigar the other weekend. That's why I bought 4 of them. With the SD adapter I can use the same cards between the a6000 and the P3P.

Is there a reason I shouldn't want this 64GB card? The price is $27.95.
Lexar 64GB High-Performance microSDXC 300x Class 10 UHS-I Memory Card with Full Size SD Adapter

Depends - will work fine with P3P but the read/write rate is UHS-1 so much slower in case you wanted it for other purposes...

Depends - will work fine with P3P but the read/write rate is UHS-1 so much slower in case you wanted it for other purposes...
Thanks. The Lexar card was sold to me by BH Photo for $43.

I have been trying to record video in 4K, but I keep getting skips when I play it back. I don't know if this is due to Premiere Elements 13, my 64bit Win 8 system, the Go Pro camera on P3P, or what. You got me thinking it might be the memory card. But you say that 45MB/s is okay for the Go Pro?

I have been trying to record video in 4K, but I keep getting skips when I play it back. I don't know if this is due to... the Go Pro camera on P3P, or what... But you say that 45MB/s is okay for the Go Pro?
The camera that ships with the P3 is not a Go Pro. Many differences between the two cameras. Did you just mean the supplied camera? Or have you actually mounted a Go Pro on your P3? If so, I'm, curious about how you did it.

I have been trying to record video in 4K, but I keep getting skips when I play it back. I don't know if this is due to Premiere Elements 13, my 64bit Win 8 system, the Go Pro camera on P3P, or what. You got me thinking it might be the memory card. But you say that 45MB/s is okay for the Go Pro?

Chances are extremely low the issue is your card. The 4k and UHD streams are encoded at 60Mbps, which is 7.5MB/s. Any Class 10 or U1 card is guaranteed to have a sustained sequential write speed of 10MB/s.

Editing applications are often trying to do other things with the video (color corrrections etc) while playing. Try doing a pure playback using VLC or Windows Video Player and see if it improves. Video playback, particularly 4K video playback, requires a lot of memory and GPU. Also try shutting down all other applications and/or rebooting the computer.

The camera that ships with the P3 is not a Go Pro. Many differences between the two cameras. Did you just mean the supplied camera? Or have you actually mounted a Go Pro on your P3? If so, I'm, curious about how you did it.
I did a lot of researching before I bought the P3P, including Go Pro cameras. Somehow, I managed to convince myself the camera on the P3P was a Go Pro, which as you corrected me, it is not.

Best Buy had the SanDisk Ultra Extreme 64GB for 34.99 last week. I bought 3....I got lucky today and bought 2 more when they neglected to remove the sale price tag as it had ended.

I did a lot of researching before I bought the P3P, including Go Pro cameras. Somehow, I managed to convince myself the camera on the P3P was a Go Pro, which as you corrected me, it is not.
Actually, you almost WERE right. Colin Guinn, former North American DJI head had really close ties to Go Pro and was pushing for DJI to more tightly integrate the GoPro cameras into their system and to take advantage of it's features through the firmware and controller. Sort of like what's happening with 3DR right now. Hang on, where did Colin migrate to after DJI?
Besides, I was kind of hoping you HAD grafted on a GoPro to your phantom. Would've been a heck of a story to share.

Best Buy had the SanDisk Ultra Extreme 64GB for 34.99 last week. I bought 3....I got lucky today and bought 2 more when they neglected to remove the sale price tag as it had ended.
Excellent find!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.