Re: FPV + iOSD for Phantom 2

Id say the immersion RC is great! I made a video about how to hook it up [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv7pE_sM5x8[/youtube]

I recommend getting DJI iOSD mini for telemetry data, and going with your choice of 500mw FPV transmitter/receiver combo. I personally use the DJI AVL58 TX/RX system, and it performs and looks great. All the popular FPV systems are pretty straight forward to hook up.

I'm looking into this FPV solution as well. Anything above 200mW would be good enough for the phantom since the remote range is approx 1KM. With the clover leaf antenna, it should give u a good range.

neil64 said:
I recommend getting DJI iOSD mini for telemetry data, and going with your choice of 500mw FPV transmitter/receiver combo. I personally use the DJI AVL58 TX/RX system, and it performs and looks great. All the popular FPV systems are pretty straight forward to hook up.

I was heading in this direction also, intending to start my foray into FPV with a screen, but am also interested in utilizing a set of Goggles in the future...

Will Fat Shark Goggles integrate with the AVL58?

v/r

Michael

Ravecreative said:

Well that sucks...

:)

BTW...noticed you're from the UK...i'm retired US Air Force, and the best three years of my 20 year career were spent a bit north of you in Suffolk at RAF Lakenheath.

v/r

Michael

small world - LOL

i live about 1/4 mile from the barracks at chatham, maybe you've heard of the area?

why not use the immersion tx? i believe that works with the fatshark - cant swear to it though

Ravecreative said:
small world - LOL

i live about 1/4 mile from the barracks at chatham, maybe you've heard of the area?

Passed through Kent quite a bit; anytime friends or family visited, they wanted to visit two places....London, and the White Cliffs. Made a fair number of Channel Crossings leaving out of Dover also.

Ravecreative said:
why not use the immersion tx? i believe that works with the fatshark - cant swear to it though

I'll need to read up on the Immersion product...

Thanks for your time...

v/r

Michael

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie