60mph Wind Gust - Would you Fly?

Reaction score
In 2014 I use to see how high I could get my stock P2V+. I ended up getting out of range and losing signal one night. As I jogged down a country road trying to recover the signal the battery expired and I then got the pleasure of watching it fall into a large cornfield where I never found it. I could have sworn I saw exactly where it fell, but as I said I never found it even after walking the complete cornfield 3 times throughout the summer and fall season.

After that happened I never even considered fly high altitudes again. Since then I began making high speed flights, and now with using the P3 only. Unfortunately the P3 is not as fast as the P2V+. The P3 maintains altitude while in A-mode at full throttle, where the P2V+ would gradually lose altitude when attempting in Atti mode.The P3 is about 10mph slower under the same weather conditions.

So I watch for forecast with high wind gust which for me is like a kid going to an Amusement Park. Now don't think that I'm so crazed that I fly in all high winds because I don't. The strongest tailwind I have flown in was around 24mph which happened to be with the P3. With the 24mph tailwind the P3 went 67mph. With a 21mph tailwind the P2V+ reached 78mph. The down ward slope I mentioned makes a big difference in speed.

I would attempt higher wind gust if I didn't have to fight any wind on the return flight. Anybody else experienced in high winds?

Reactions: Reed L
You need a P4 with sport mode.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Actually I really only need the flight pitch setting the P4 has in my A/C's firmware. I just about bet the P3 would out speed fly the big tank P4.

Reactions: Suntana
Btw, we had 63mph wind gust where I live today. There has never been wind as violent here that I can remember. I began to hear little noises in parts of the house that I have never heard before. And to top it all off at the end of the day it started snowing! All this and yesterday was the fools day. If I didn't know any better I would have thought it was today instead.

Reactions: mbmike29
I would fly my X5C. That would be a nice challenge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic