60fps available in latest Update? Confused... Help!

Got a response from DJI this morning. The Phantom 3 Standard does not have the option of 1080 / 60, only 30fps with the latest update. Let me know what version of the Android app you are running and how you are able to get the 60fps. I am on NTSC and still do not have the option. Running Android 2.4.3
iOS DJI Go 2.4.3

Got a response from DJI this morning. The Phantom 3 Standard does not have the option of 1080 / 60, only 30fps with the latest update. Let me know what version of the Android app you are running and how you are able to get the 60fps. I am on NTSC and still do not have the option. Running Android 2.4.3

The latest update allows 1080p on IOS.

Not sure about Android, but IOS does allow 1080p 60fps in the latest update.

I didn't mention Android when I made this thread as I didn't have any info about it.

I'd venture to say its unintended but may be left as is. They can get sued for undoing it now.
Highly unlikely. iOS & Android apps commonly do this until one or the other can catch up. This isn't the first time DJI has upgraded the video on the P3 series.

Highly unlikely. iOS & Android apps commonly do this until one or the other can catch up. This isn't the first time DJI has upgraded the video on the P3 series.

Just completed my update and walla there it is. I do find it interesting they fail to include it in the notes and basically flat out deny it. lol. -Joe

As implied earlier in the thread, this isn't working on Android yet. I have the latest version of the app (and latest firmware if it matters), but I only have 24 & 30fps as options.

Has anyone tested it though? Shot some vid, downloaded it and checked it out?

There is a vid out there. Im uploading a few clips now to test it. I actually see 30 fps for 2.7k now. I only had 24 or 25 previously. Now its 24 or 30. I switched from pal to ntsc and that could be why I didn't see the 30 fps for 2.7 k. But I am virtually positive I had checked already. Anyway, ill take 1080p @ 60 fps... woot.

I tried it to see if improved the capture quality, for me it didn't , as a new PS3 owner, I didn't realise at the time that this was a new thing!

Occasionally I get a 4K option in my menu but the video still comes out at 1440p. I just wrote it off as a bug in the app.

This is just a wild guess, but I wonder if it has anything to do with what phantom model you have selected before you go into the camera view. I know when I open the GO app, I think can enter the camera view as a Phantom 3 Professional even though I have the Standard model if that makes sense. Wonder if that preloads some settings specific to the model or something. Anyway, just a thought.

Yeah I've done this and the video looks much smoother. It's also twice the size. I haven't imported into any program that can confirm 30 or 60 fps though.

Reactions: Zsolt
Yep.
Here is 1080p/60fps @ iso100 and shutter 1/60, MOV, NTSC:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I just changed the frame rate on my Standard to 60 FPS, and recorded a short video to see if this update is for real.
The video look very smooth, here is a screen shot of the video properties.

Attachments

• 3333.jpg
    3333.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 451
Reactions: Zsolt and willbaroo
The DJI website lists the max bitrate for the P3 Advanced at 40 Mps, did that change ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.