6000mAh Battery destroyed my Phantom vision+ Plus

Reaction score
Hi there

I would like today to post my feedback with not original battery I used with my phantom

http://www.onbo-power.com

I would like to warn and advice everyone to never use any other battery that isn't made buy dji (original battery) especially in large distances and you can't depend on this battery in long or hard distances

What made me write this post is that I didn't get a good reply from the seller he only apologized and he didn't do anything else about my phantom being destroyed by there battery, he also said they needed more time to know the reason !!! But the video and the images that I sent it proof the reason was the battery

I bought this battery for 80 dollars and I was told that the battery was checked before they sent it to me from Hong Kong but at the end I lost my phantom plus that costs more than 1200 dollars

After my phantom crashed it had so many problems that it couldn't be fixed
I recommend that no one buys not original batteries from this I also posted a video on YouTube to proof what happened when I used that battery during flying

As I was going back with still more than 74 percent, the battery warning signal in my ipad screen started to blink with still more than 70 percent was left !!!!
After that my bird crashed and it was too far from takeoff point

But I find it by using ( find my phantom 2 vision plus ) option in DJI app

I posted small video in YouTube that proof what happened with me bird

http://youtu.be/M0tKgSsyBiQ

http://youtu.be/M0tKgSsyBiQ

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 990
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 904
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 951
This is the closest I've ever seen to someone crashing into a car on a highway. Very scary. And in my opinion DJI are not immune to battery failures, just read these forums if you need proof.

The battery controller board and gimbal are still worth money on Ebay. The Phantom itself is as well. Don't toss them.

So what exactly happened then?
Did the battery explode inside the Phantom or did it fall out and break apart?

714Aberdeen said:
As I was going back with still more than 74 percent, the battery warning signal in my ipad screen started to blink with still more than 70 percent was left !!!!
After that my bird crashed

I agree it could easily be a faulty battery and those Ebay batteries look sketchy to me. I agree you should stay clear of them. But DJI sells a lot of bad batteries too. I had some weird warnings at 50% with a DJI battery but I was lucky and got my bird back down safely. It only happened once but it was scary.

I cleaned all the contacts, drained and recharged the battery twice and I've never had it happen again.

smallman28 said:

My guess is that it crashed on a highway and was run over by some vehicles.

Geert said:
Thanks for the warning, really sorry to hear about your loss.
The battery warning at 73% is not unusual by a faulty battery, also with original DJI batteries.
I only use original DJI batteries and I had these battery warnings also at various levels, sometimes at 65% and sometimes at 50% but it never resulted in a fatal crash.
I did not see in your video the actually crash. Did it drop out of the sky like a rock, like a complete power loss ?
A complete power loss does not per definition mean that your battery is to blame.

Geert./.

Thank you for your feedback and your apologise .
It fell out of the sky and crashed on the road from a high altitude , after losing the WIFI signal and power as shown in tye video ,

u agree that this thing also happes with the original battery but only after consuming all the battery power .

But with this battery the error happened from the first try .

But i disagree with you about being something other than the battery that made the bird fall.

If this happened to me in the original battery i can assure you that the dealer in my country will fix the problem ,

but this dealer only apologises to me .
One of the people who knows about these stuff said
They must be calculating the total ah used and assume that it's a 5500 aH battery !.
There should be an firmware input where you select the aH of the battery .
And this happens when the battery becomes too hot durin hard test with long distance

smallman28 said:

The power lost and disconnent during the flight

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub