60 Minutes: Drones Over America (airs Sun 3/16)

Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,134
I'm not sure if this is going to be good or bad. It seems lately that the "drone" floodgates are opening. Good thing we only fly UAVs... :D

-slinger

I love Dianne Feinstein's thoughts.
She supports the NSA spying but is troubled by all the drones....

... So it's ok for the government to spy, but she is troubled when we have a UAV with a camera.

I left the following comment on cbsnews.com following the preview.

Drones

CBSNEWS could have at least did their homework properly. The segment was to be about "Drones" but I do NOT believe a drone was even shown. They also referred to them as "Vehicles". There is strike two. Please CBS and Anyone reading this understand that the small aircraft shown with camera's are NOT Drones! The proper name to refer to them is "UAS" which stands for Unmanned Aerial Systems. In describing a "UAS" one could such words as Model Aircraft, Multicopter, Multirotor, Some make the mistake as calling them UAV's but they are not Vehicles. A vehicle is something that carries passengers or cargo. Drones are UAV's that are on a much larger scale and they do carry weapon's, radar, and more. They are flying vehicles. The "UAS" is what hobbyist use. We have used them locally to get medicine to a elderly woman during flood season. Another could not be reached due to a mudslide. A "UAS" was used to fly a fresh battery for stranded couple to use. CBS needs to do a follow up segment on the positive aspects of UAS's.

not a bad segment.. I dislike the term "drone" as well because when people hear it, they automatically associate it with something being used to destroy something or spy. But poor Colin, though lol..had to have been taped before the DJI/Colin fallout.

tizzl10 said:
not a bad segment.. I dislike the term "drone" as well because when people hear it, they automatically associate it with something being used to destroy something or spy. But poor Colin, though lol..had to have been taped before the DJI/Colin fallout.

I was amazed to see Colin there flying a P2V. I'd think that either Colin or DJI would take exception to that.

And Diane Feinstein. It's okay for the NSA to listen to our phone conversations, but "drones" scare her. I really think that in many situations like this, the bias is based on whose back she's scratching and who's scratching her back. Just another bureaucratic talking head with her own agenda... (yawn)

-slinger

I'm sure those releases (Quinn) took place months ago and can anyone really be surprised by Feinstein? Big government good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Putting the whole law suit aside regarding DJI and Colin. He is so interesting to watch and his energy is so positive and infectious. I loved watching him in this segment. It's hard to do a piece like this and not piss someone off. I felt like it was pretty balanced all in all.

Best part of the whole segment was the shot through the trees and the nice stick work to make that look easy.

disjecta said:
Putting the whole law suit aside regarding DJI and Colin. He is so interesting to watch and his energy is so positive and infectious. I loved watching him in this segment. It's hard to do a piece like this and not piss someone off. I felt like it was pretty balanced all in all.

Yeah... I felt the same way. One of the reasons I bought this thing is directly linked to Colin's energy and positive attitude towards the industry in general. That came across very strongly in this segment... though I still sat with my jaw on my chest watching him fly the P2V. It's the last thing I expected.

I've sometimes felt that he was nothing but a metrosexual shill for DJI. But watching him fly that P2V through a small gap in that tree in both directions kind of endeared him to me as a pilot. I think I'm starting to miss him a bit...

-slinger

metrosexual drone shill

there's gotta be a joke in there somewhere :)

I was a bit surprised and delighted to see Colin. He speaks well for the UAV market. I could have lived without Feinstein.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feinstein is a miserable old ****. Forgive my language. She's the same idiot who wants to ban guns. If it were up to her everything fun would be banned and any young whipper snappers (anyone under 60) would be thrown in jail.

Scottrod said:
Feinstein is a miserable old ****. Forgive my language. She's the same idiot who wants to ban guns. If it were up to her everything fun would be banned and any young whipper snappers (anyone under 60) would be thrown in jail.
+1

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31