60 frames per second?

Reaction score
ok, perhaps i just dont understand frames per second, or video for that matter, but when i set my P2V+ to 1080i 60fps, then i make a video.
now i take the memory card out and put it in a reader, i see the file and right click on it and go to properties.
when i hit the details tab, I see it says either 30fps or 29.96 fps.....

what happened to the 60 fps i set it at? its the same with all the videos ive made, ive also used a program called mediainfo, it gives all the stats on any media file, it also says 30fps.

whats going on?

Either your computer is recognizing it as 30p or it was transcoded to into 30p. Note that 60i is more similar to 30p than it is to 60p. The difference between "i" and "p" is important. "i" records only half of the screen per frame (alternating even then odd lines). "p" records every line in every frame. So "p" effectively records double that information "i" does at the same frame rate.

Just adding to what Ian has already said, the I stands for interlace and P for progressive scan. This is an issue with the Vision+ camera that we've addressed before. I think we all hesitate to advise you never to use 1080i for filming, but shots with lots of motion will probably look better filmed at 720p.

This hobby is as much about experimentation as anything, so you should try both settings and find something that you're happy with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers