6 hr 55 mins 42 flights and 117,397 metres flown and still loving it!!

Reaction score
Just had to post how addicted I am to this hobby!! I constantly am looking for a chance to fly, watching weather constantly and just simply loving it!! Longest flight for me was 9641 metres but I have had lots of 7000 plus flights and I still run in the house so excited about what I just learned about this amazing bird! Had my first night flight the other day and that was very exciting for me and opened a whole new world I never even considered. Enjoy it guys I know there are issues with these and they do not last forever but I feel I already got enough enjoyment out of it now to justify the purchase. Hoping it lasts alot longer for sure but something tells me if i crash it soon I will have another!

Reactions: Andrea
Nice one Tony. Keep it up.

I haven't risked a night flight yet but will soon. Yours looks pretty cool. I bet it looks like something from Close Encounters with all the LEDs flashing!!!
Well, my first night flight a friend of mine ringed me on the phone just a few minutes after I lifted off. He was smoking a cigarette in the garden, and sow that fancy lights flashing in the sky. He lives a few hundred meters far from my house. Just a few days before I told him of my new bird... but he didn't realized what he was looking at.
He told me he called his daughter to have her looking at the lights, but she wasn't much impressed. And when she told him: "Dad, it' just a drone..." he understood it could have been mine. And ringed me.

To me the worst part of flying at night is when I have to land.
Everything is so quiet and dark... so even if you switch the front red lights off, you can see and hear the bird coming when it's still very far, and it always seems that it takes ages to descend... so I always have the impression that EVERYONE is staring at it thinking: oh God, it's that f**king drone of that freaky guy again...

o_Oo_Oo_O

Last edited:
Reactions: lotusteve
Well, my first night flight a friend of mine ringed me on the phone just a few minutes after I lifted off. He was smoking a cigarette in the garden, and sow that fancy lights flashing in the sky. He lives a few hundred meters far from my house. Just a few days before I told him of my new bird... but he didn't realized what he was looking at.
He told me he called his daughter to have her looking at the lights, but she wasn't much impressed. And when she told him: "Dad, it' just a drone..." he understood it could have been mine. And ringed me.

To me the worst part of flying at night is when I have to land.
Everything is so quiet and dark... so even if you switch the front red lights off, you can see and hear the bird coming when it's still very far, and it alway seems that it takes ages to desend... so I always have the impression that EVERYONE is staring at it thinking: oh God, it's that f**king drone of that freaky guy again...

o_Oo_Oo_O
That said, flying at night is an experience to try: everything looks so cool and different...

I need to try a night flight, here in Sheffield on the moors its pitch black so it would look good.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl