6 Day Wait to Fly...very disappointed

Looking at your images, I think we're not comparing apples with apples.
Your 1st P3 image was taken in soft light late in the day (long shadows) or maybe early morning.
It's full of a million blades of grass (fine detail) and was shot @ 1/125 sec
Was the P3 static or moving at the time?
The Sovereign Hill pic on the other hand has lots of large solid items and is in strong light with a shutter speed of 1/1500th.
The P2 pic still has the P2's vague fuzzy detail in the treetops.
I think you need to try some more with different subjects under different conditions before you write off the P3.

OK, just so you can gauge the difference, here's a couple of pics. The 1st from the P2V+, straight out of camera, set on auto The 2nd is from the P3P, straight out of camera set on auto. Similar light. You can see the P2V+ has much better detail and contrast. I wouldn't be surprised if the new camera was much the same, but I'm very surprised it is noticeably worse.

Attachments

• DJI02152.JPG
    DJI02152.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 289
  • DJI_0055.JPG
    DJI_0055.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 322
I have to sell my p2v+v3 which was only bought recently with 4 batteries before I'm allowed get my p3 ;)

Ok so now things are making a little more sense. I still have my P2V+ V3 with 4 batteries, and dozen props, 4 controllers, and 2 flytrex live 3G trackers....all of which I have not even looked at since the 1st flight with the P3P.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
OK, just so you can gauge the difference, here's a couple of pics. The 1st from the P2V+, straight out of camera, set on auto The 2nd is from the P3P, straight out of camera set on auto. Similar light. You can see the P2V+ has much better detail and contrast. I wouldn't be surprised if the new camera was much the same, but I'm very surprised it is noticeably worse.

Let's see how you feel in a week after learning how to use the new setup.

Looking at your images, I think we're not comparing apples with apples.
Your 1st P3 image was taken in soft light late in the day (long shadows) or maybe early morning.
It's full of a million blades of grass (fine detail) and was shot @ 1/125 sec
Was the P3 static or moving at the time?
The Sovereign Hill pic on the other hand has lots of large solid items and is in strong light with a shutter speed of 1/1500th.
The P2 pic still has the P2's vague fuzzy detail in the treetops.
I think you need to try some more with different subjects under different conditions before you write off the P3.
Thanks for your input, I totally understand what you are saying, however I still feel things are not right. I always shoot with the craft stationery, I have a lot of experience with photography and 6 months of flying the P2V+ has given me a reasonable experience base to gauge this new craft against. I suppose my best chance is to send both crafts up at about the same time and take the same image and then compare those.......and then decide which one to keep! Thanks again for you input!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj