5700ft lost signal,,,help me dirkclod,,,help me

Reaction score
Went flying this morning, had 11 sats, but my remote lost signal. How can i increase this? I do have the DBS mod antenna

Reactions: FotoGeek
lol :) Tim just flag next time or PM me so I don't miss ya ;) You have been here awhile and am sure you have read what I do and how so just what are you losing the 5.8 or 2.4 signal .

He has the "DBS mod antenna" so no...it should be more.

It really depends on how much interference is in the area.. I've hit locations which would never let me get past exact distances, then flew a different direction and was able to go further...

TG is right and I have found that aiming is everything when you really get out there . I just watch my signal bars when I get out over a mile
and do my best to keep them high .
I have flew in one spot one day and get good distance and go back the next and do the same flight and be off 1K or more .
Seems I always lose 5.8 every time .

It really depends on how much interference is in the area.. I've hit locations which would never let me get past exact distances, then flew a different direction and was able to go further...

I had the exact same issue. I was flying mostly the same route and losing signal always in the same area. The DBS doing better than the FPVR but still couldn't push past a certain area where the taller forest started. Now I'm running east instead of north and going easily twice as far!

(so addicting it's crazy)

Couple reasons , I've had a fly away before ( quantum Nova ), so trying get over that fear. I've pretty much over that now. I also like to know the limits of my quad, for the area, and style of flying i do. It's a great quad, and no complains. Just exploring the full capibility.

Thanks for the replys

Hi guys how far we can flew this standard phantom 3 in a safe way ?? any body give me an idea , i don't wanna lose ma phantom

Welcome to the forum :)
As far as safe...you can be dangerous at any distance . Get a tracker as I have if your worried about losing it at any distance .
I have had my P2 go down in a thicket not 300' from me and seen it go down but would never had found it if it hadn't been for that .

What tracker do you recommend?
I use a TK109B but depending on where you are at will depend on what you might use. @msinger has source's
in his signature you will find very helpful :)
Has a lot of info in it that's helpful and will save you a lot of time looking for it .

Hi guys how far we can flew this standard phantom 3 in a safe way ??
Flying in a "Safe Way" ... here is my take:
  1. Radio Link QoS (Quality of Service): IMO, this is the top level of Safe Way
  2. Environment: Weather, terrain, ground objects, urban impact (interference)
  3. Line Of Sight (LOS): Adds practically nothing to a Safe Way when hundreds or thousands of feet down range. | "Heap'em white mans paper no good" (see note below)

Note for item 3 above:
1950's and 60's western movies sometimes portrayed a stereo typical Indian that doubted white mans written words. In this case it is the FAA's words written on paper. Just because you are an actual airplane pilot does not give you any better control over a UAV than another person. Why? Because when you are standing out exposed to the environment: wind, rain, insects, cold, or hot... that is completely foreign to sitting comfortably inside a cockpit. If a critical mission is to be flown: an experienced RC operator is a better choice than an experienced airplane pilot. That is the Safe Way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers