54-Motor homemade drone

Imagine what his neighbors are thinking! LOL :D

Just buy this and take a friend along.
Why reinvent the wheel?

th

Unfortunately I don't have any other information to provide. I only found the clip through my internet travels and figured some of you might enjoy it!

So, the question is, who among us is going to be the first to give this one a shot?? :D

It's pretty cool! It's also funny as hell !
I like the part where he went up about 20 feet and his buddy just about had a conniption fit.
7fwjjuq1z9qphrl6g.jpg

BOT

It's always nice to see people experiment on home projects, but this is basically a dead end. For the same amount of money, you can build a 1 person helicopter that can fly for 2-4 hours, thousands of feet in the air, and can safely land if power cuts out. Here is one example:

And for the cost of a new Toyota SUV, you can buy a kit helicopter where you don't have to R&D anything.

On a side note, I think my winter project will be an electric paramotor. Anyone into paramotors or paragliders here?

Unfortunately I don't have any other information to provide. I only found the clip through my internet travels and figured some of you might enjoy it!

So, the question is, who among us is going to be the first to give this one a shot?? :D

maybe a good use for some of that lawn furniture you got out back?

It's always nice to see people experiment on home projects, but this is basically a dead end. For the same amount of money, you can build a 1 person helicopter that can fly for 2-4 hours, thousands of feet in the air, and can safely land if power cuts out. Here is one example:

And for the cost of a new Toyota SUV, you can buy a kit helicopter where you don't have to R&D anything.

On a side note, I think my winter project will be an electric paramotor. Anyone into paramotors or paragliders here?
How does one land safely in a helicopter with no power? o_O

How does one land safely in a helicopter with no power? o_O
Autorotate
5lkcj2wc0hx0b026g.jpg

They did it in Nam quite a bit after the turbines got shot up.. It's a pretty hard landing though but you know what they say, any landing you can walk away from......
kr5h95xd9jo0h7m6g.jpg

BOT

Last edited:
Reactions: 750r
Autorotate
5lkcj2wc0hx0b026g.jpg

They did it in Nam quite a bit.. It's a pretty hard landing though but you know what they say, any landing you can walk away from......
kr5h95xd9jo0h7m6g.jpg

BOT
I have watched a few videos and none of them had no power. They all used power to level out at the bottom. Can you land one like that with zero power?

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
Last edited:
I have watched a few videos and none of them had no power. They all used power to level out at the bottom. Can you land one like that with zero power?

Most videos are training videos. The keep the engine running simply so they can take off again and go for another practice run.

Additionally, the props always spin and this creates a ton of noise - regardless of whether the engine is on or off. (The electric fan in the house is not loud because of the motor inside.) To get even the lowest pilot qualification, this is something every heli pilot is tested on. They need to be able to land when the engine goes out.

Oh... Look at the following clip... People complain about flying quads in the neighborhood... hahaha...

The instructor does an autorotation for the student at 1:02:50.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20