500meg of data

Reaction score
i have just bought a sim card for my mini ipad 2 with 500meg of data each month. will this be enough data for getting maps onto the ipad.. the 500meg will not be used for anything else but maps.
thanks..

Steve it all depends on how much the ipad uses for loading the map and how many tines you fly during the month.

500mb might not be enough thats just my thoughts, someone else might have a better idea but personally I would think about 1gb to be on the safe side.

Don't mind me asking but how much pm are you going to be oaying for the sim plan?

Have you given giffgaff any thoughts?

Reactions: lotusteve
Steve it all depends on how much the ipad uses for loading the map and how many tines you fly during the month.

500mb might not be enough thats just my thoughts, someone else might have a better idea but personally I would think about 1gb to be on the safe side.

Don't mind me asking but how much pm are you going to be oaying for the sim plan?

Have you given giffgaff any thoughts?
R8 Del.. its is the giffgaff data only sim. costing me a fiver a month for 500meg, or i could get 1gig a month for £7.50..

Reactions: D4T_PoM
If you have wifi internet access use that when you can to load the maps into memory. Only use the data plan when you are out and about.

R8 Del.. its is the giffgaff data only sim. costing me a fiver a month for 500meg, or i could get 1gig a month for £7.50..

Steve thats what I'm going to be doing eventually.

For the mean time I just teather my ipad to my Note 4 and have not had any issues what so ever.

I have 2 phones note 4 and s6 edge (1 for business and 1 personal and both have 30gb of data per month) use both for teathering my ipad depending on the battery percentage of the phones.

I have a giffgaff sim in my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and hardly use it so might take the sim out from that and put it into the ipad but then again I'm wondering is there any point as I teather to my phones without problems lol

i have just bought a sim card for my mini ipad 2 with 500meg of data each month. will this be enough data for getting maps onto the ipad.. the 500meg will not be used for anything else but maps.
thanks..
more than enough.

Reactions: lotusteve
I do have 250mb for free from t mobile on ipad mini 3 and good enough. Using it only for p3p.

thanks..
Unless you plan to do live streaming, you should have more than you need with what you have.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1