500M Limit?

get Litchi, never look back..

Reactions: PapaTita
What if you don't fire up Go until you are above the 500m limit?
Would it stop you from climbing higher?
Would if force you down to 500m?
Would it limit to the next 500m level it clocks?
Would it not care and let you do whatever?

There is no way to get around this limit. It's baked into the firmware.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Ok, as I live in the U.K. And therefore a CE environment I can confirm that when you hit 120m that's it, dji go stops you. Up comes the voice "maximum altitude has been reached" and there she rests happily hovering.
That of course is 120m above takeoff point, not sea level
I got mine up to 145 Meters high before losing signal, in the UK?

I did respond to a question about whether I had my limit set to 120m and when I checked I had. Egg on face I guess.
I will try higher in lighter winds if we get any, I assume signal will be ok as I have been downrange 4 times further than that.

Stockport?????? within a nat's bollocks distance from Manchester airport and at 1000'ft plus..........

Not quite a nats bollock as I was actually in Disley, and could see for miles , including Manchester airport witch dose have a flight path no where near my location, just saying.....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If it is 'baked' into the phantom , then it is more likely to be a hardware limitation of the barometric sensor..........just a thought. :)

The Phantoms have a 6000meter operational ceiling. It's not the barometer.
Software/firmware guards the drone from exceeding 500meter above take-off altitude.

I believe it's America that has the long range (distance) FCC but very limited altitude of 120 m (400 ft)

CE limits the power of the transmitter but you can just bypass the 120 meter altitude thing. I've set mine at 200 meters and the other day climbed to 165 meters to peep over a hill without any issues.

The Phantoms have a 6000meter operational ceiling. It's not the barometer.
Software/firmware guards the drone from exceeding 500meter above take-off altitude.

6000meter?????. thats 18000 feet above mean sea level. or in pilots 18000 on the QNH.............my cessna 172 has a ceiling of 12000feet and to get it that high would take a fortnight.........

Yep, that's DJI specs.

It's not about climbing though, right?, it's about air density.

There is footage of a P1 or P2 at Everest Base Camp 17,000 ft +/-

Reactions: Philltayl
Yep, that's DJI specs.

It's not about climbing though, right?, it's about air density.

There is footage of a P1 or P2 at Everest Base Camp 17,000 ft +/-

DJI specs are one thing, reality is another.......it's also to have good range but we all know that it don't......:)

UK's tallest is Ben Nevis, right?, is only 1344 meters.

You've got no worries :p

Reactions: Philltayl
Yes, there is a way around this. Had mine to 1000M and could have gone further, but decided to pull back. Phantom 4 Standard

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik