500m limit cracked yet? Not buying P3 before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about going up, snapping some shots of a video and coming down. I can hear a plane coming. I can see a plane coming. I can do this quite safely... until they come up with a Cessna that operates in the <1500 foot range and does Mach 2, no one is going to die.

This guy. This is the guy. He thinks he's totally qualified flying his Phantom at 1500 feet because he can HEAR A PLANE COMING. Anyone who thinks people with drones shouldn't have some sort of education and training should look no further than this @(*&^$ guy.

What if I unsubscribe to this thread, so that I'm not constantly reminded that not everyone is the sharpest tool in the shed.

Reactions: Adam Kontras
Jeez not this conversation again!

"Again I want the same thing as you, people to follow rules"

YOU HAVE TO MAKE RULES FOR PEOPLE TO FOLLOW. And when you're operating something that can go thousands of feet in the air and thus FALL thousands of feet in the air you need to be certain they understand what those rules are. You need to be able to read Class B No-Fly zones, something I sure as hell didn't when I went to Vegas and apparently broke every law there was. I was stupid enough to trust the no-fly zones DJI loaded into my GPS and avoided them, come to find out? They were wrong. Had I been trained and licensed I would've looked at the Class B no-fly zones that go from 400 feet all the way to the GROUND and then, I wouldn't have broken the law.

See the point? You need training. You need a certification system. And considering what I just admitted to not knowing, I'm pretty sure I'm the last person to be profiting off TEACHING these classes. :D

The bottom line is, if we don't as a community push for this? We're 1 or 2 accidents away from an outright ban of consumer drones. Ban. Done. Congress will have NO issue getting that passed when a couple of kids die. Get these laws in place NOW and we'll avoid that.

I seem to remember a dead kid from an RC Helo in NY a few years ago... how's that regulation coming along? There's a sudden rush to regulate these, but these incidents have been going on for years.

The issue is the press calling these "drones" and not quad copters. People fear what they don't understand. People associate these to Global Hawks spying on them from 20,000 feet with amazing detail. People associate these to armed Predators, blowing you up in your pool. Name one press story that actually talked about what they are capable of. Our job is not to self regulate, our job is to educate the public. These aren't silent. They aren't hovering outside your bedroom window, learning your secret life as a dominatrix.

Education, not regulation. Will it hurt if it falls on you, yes. Will it kill you, most likely not, but an RC helicopter will. First they came for the RC helicopters and you did nothing...

This guy. This is the guy. He thinks he's totally qualified flying his Phantom at 1500 feet because he can HEAR A PLANE COMING. Anyone who thinks people with drones shouldn't have some sort of education and training should look no further than this @(*&^$ guy.

Guess what, you're not my dad. I have one of those. Thanks.

RTH isn't set at 1500 feet, but guess what, accidents happen. .

Unless something has changed with the P3 when you invoke RTH it will fly back at 1500 feet. If its like the P2V+ is will return at RTH height or current elevation if higher than RTH set height. It does not lower itself to the RTH set point. Unless this is something new...

Its all ready been cracked and very easy to do, don't know if it can be done on the new 1.1.9 and i really really hope it cant. Not a big fan of silly altitude flights.

Link/proof?

Unless something has changed with the P3 when you invoke RTH it will fly back at 1500 feet. If its like the P2V+ is will return at RTH height or current elevation if higher than RTH set height. It does not lower itself to the RTH set point. Unless this is something new...

Must not own one. You set the altitude in the app.

They are right, if you are above the set height it will use its current height for RTH.

If somebody is at a height and a plane comes please remember you can always CSC to get out of the way. It's a better alternative than being a news story.

Reactions: Buzz313th
And he hasn't posted since his original. New troll strategy... kick off the topic and grab some popcorn...
look there barrel ***, there was nothing trollish about my original post. and since I got the answer that Litchi can override the 500m limit, I have ordered a P3P. Case closed for me.

look there barrel ***, there was nothing trollish about my original post. and since I got the answer that Litchi can override the 500m limit, I have ordered a P3P. Case closed for me.
Ahaha...

Your next post will be either..

1. Flyaway
2. Crash blaming it on DJI
3. How it's BS that the officer took your brand new drone
4. A bricked phantom

And the best thing about it is, your intent is documented in a public forum with your IP logged.

Brilliant!

Last edited:
Not the P3, but I think I am right. What you set it to in the app is the altitude it will raise to if not already that height or higher. If its higher it will not lower.

Goose attack..... could of easily have been a quad copter of any make or shape...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Buzz313th
People associate these to Global Hawks spying on them from 20,000 feet with amazing detail. People associate these to armed Predators, blowing you up in your pool.

AH NO! no one in there right mind in any way shape or form confuses any small civilian quadcopter with Global Hawks Predators or any such thing unless they are either incredibly insane or incredibly stupid and very feeble minded.

and i also think its weird that with as much misconception there is about quad and also a lot of fear mongering I notice I see more un due and un reasonable fear mongering coming from these that have them as if they are hell bent on making people be paranoid that they are going to be in danger of getting killed by a quad if they even dare step out side there house. As i its an absolute 100% given that death by quad copter is going to start being the biggest cause of death and destruction know to man.

Gosh I cant even picture how some of you people can even dare go out side with out a crash helmet and a life vest on. Or how you can even cross a street with out complete panic and apprehension .

AH NO! no one in there right mind in any way shape or form confuses any small civilian quadcopter with Global Hawks Predators or any such thing unless they are either incredibly insane or incredibly stupid and very feeble minded.

Right. You're referring to those same people that think adding a folding stock and fore grip to a black rifle makes it a military machine gun capable of firing 8000rounds per second of baby killing goodness.

You give the general population, that has only seen pictures, but they've been hearing stories for 10 years about DRONES, then the news calls a micro quad a drone. They don't know one from the other.

Goose attack..... could of easily have been a quad copter of any make or shape...

Average Canadian goose weighs 5.5 - 19.8lbs...the phantom 3 weighs 2.84lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31