500m limit cracked yet? Not buying P3 before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
and here we go.... 5 posts per hr on this thread....

popcorn_zpsd727wohr.gif

this is not 4chan. can we stop with the idiotic pictures and stick to the topic at hand. I for one would like a fully UN-restricted P3, and would be willing to pay a double price to get one.

No different than speeding behind the wheel of a car. I'm intelligent enough to know when I can and can't, based on experience. Rainy in a backup, isn't a good time, but a sunny day and the only car on the road... go for it.

...and you need a license to drive a car.

For a toy? I guess you'd be in favor of background checks to buy a BB Gun too.

...today's drones are so far from a "toy" (and I think you know that), it's laughable to make the comparison. Besides, you already brought up the car analogy and you're absolutely right. Which is why you need a license to drive a car. Kinda common sense here.

Inspire owners have been complaining for 6 months now, and DJI says "not gonna happen, get an A2-based aircraft if you want no limits".

There isn't much to discuss really. Whether we like it or not (I don't either) it's how it is, it's their choice and they can do what they want.

Now everybody can choose whether they want to buy DJI things or not based on that. Personally I know I have no reason to go that high so I'll rather have a great performing aircraft/camera combo that has a limit I'll never hit instead of an unrestricted thing that doesn't give me what I need.

Reactions: cjmwales
Here is something to think about.. why the obsession with height? Flying horizontally would push those same limits. If you were to summit a mountain and take off, would flying 500 high then satisfy your altitude desire? After all, you've now flown to that height. I suspect it's about bragging rights and not much else.

...today's drones are so far from a "toy" (and I think you know that), it's laughable to make the comparison. Besides, you already brought up the car analogy and you're absolutely right. Which is why you need a license to drive a car. Kinda common sense here.

You only need to be licensed to drive on state roads, not off road. Not all areas of the sky are owned by planes... I'm speaking on this subject from an American perspective. I don't need to gov't permission to do things, I'm a free man, capable of free thought and action. I'm responsible. I don't need my hand held, I'm an adult.

Beyond bragging rights.....if it were possible and safe to do so who wouldn't wish to have their own footage like this.....

Not all areas of the sky are owned by planes...
Most are, because of the same reason - they were the first to "use" the sky and to claim their freedom to do so. This in turn causes you not to be free to go and roam in their airspace - i.e. above 400ft.
Until things are negociated and coordinated your freedom ends where someone else's starts. Whoever was there first can decide you have nothing to do there.

Most are, because of the same reason - they were the first to "use" the sky and to claim their freedom to do so. This in turn causes you not to be free to go and roam in their airspace - i.e. above 400ft.
Until things are negociated and coordinated your freedom ends where someone else's starts. Whoever was there first can decide you have nothing to do there.

So if you're on the road first, I can't get on the road? There are plenty of areas that have ZERO air traffic. None.

Reactions: louforgiveno
There may be none for 3 years in a row - but there still may be some at any time. Road traffic has a set of coordination rules that allows for people to share the traffic ways and licenses to make sure all users understand them.
There currently are no protocols for sharing airspace safely between UAVs and full scale, manned aircraft - which is why the rules are currently set to avoid any potentially conflicting situation by making sure both can never be in the same airspace.

It will eventually become a shared medium like roads in the future - but it may take years/decades until everything is set.

Reactions: cjmwales
There may be none for 3 years in a row - but there still may be some at any time. Road traffic has a set of coordination rules that allows for people to share the traffic ways and licenses to make sure all users understand them.
There currently are no protocols for sharing airspace safely between UAVs and full scale, manned aircraft - which is why the rules are currently set to avoid any potentially conflicting situation by making sure both can never be in the same airspace.

It will eventually become a shared medium like roads in the future - but it may take years/decades until everything is set.

FAA troll. Joined today and all your posts are in this thread. Nice.

Reactions: louforgiveno
No, just someone who wouldn't want to hit an UAV and die if I was in a full scale plane. Because of course I wouldn't see it until the last millisecond as you have no way to tell me you're there nor technology to signal your presence, so no way for me to see beyond what my Mk1 eyeball can make of your 50cm machine while flying at 200mph.

And no not all of my posts are on this thread. Usually in the Inspire forum.

It is clearly pointless to argue with someone who's name is a catch phrase that implies their stupidity. Especially when the thread contains at least 3 replies confirming their extreme ignorance.

What reasonable argument could you possibly give to an unreasonable person.

Game. Blouses.

prince-dunks-o.gif

It is clearly pointless to argue with someone who's name is a catch phrase that implies their stupidity. Especially when the thread contains at least 3 replies confirming their extreme ignorance.

What reasonable argument could you possibly give to an unreasonable person.

Game. Blouses.

prince-dunks-o.gif

Don't refute the charge, resort to personal insults. Stop wasting my tax money and do some work.

Yes, really. Hitting a plane would be about as likely as winning the lottery jackpot, even less probable. And even if a plane would ram into a phantom, what kind of damage would it do? Few scratches on the paint job at most. These things hit massive birds all the time and nothing happens.

LOL - so small planes hit birds with no damage all the time eh? This is the mentality that the FAA is going to attempt to control and is going to put harsher restrictions on these machines....

Check out some of these photos - not the ones of jets, the ones of small aircraft - still SIGNIFICANT damage.

Not all areas of the sky are owned by planes... I'm speaking on this subject from an American perspective. .
Actually you are wrong, The National Air Space is controlled and administered by the FAA, and that means ALL air space, try even taking off in the DC area, or any National Park. We WILL have a certification process for RC A/C capable of exceeding a certain height (400'?) mainly because of stupid clueless people who insist that "They can do whatever they want" and to hell with everybody else.

It's nice knowing that the day they instituted licenses for cars all accidents stopped and all speeders went the speed limit.

I'm fine with rules and people should follow them but everybody needs to understand licenses don't make people follow rules.

It's nice knowing that the day they instituted licenses for cars all accidents stopped and all speeders went the speed limit.

I'm fine with rules and people should follow them but everybody needs to understand licenses don't make people follow rules.

This is easily the most immature point of view I run across when talking about rules or laws. Seriously, it's like I'm talking to a 9 year old. Surely you don't actually believe that a driver's license serves no purpose because people still speed and get in accidents, do you? I'm not even sure how to speak with you without condescension because that concept is ludicrous.

No different than speeding behind the wheel of a car. I'm intelligent enough to know when I can and can't, based on experience. Rainy in a backup, isn't a good time, but a sunny day and the only car on the road... go for it.

I'm not a pilot but I know there's a big difference.

I get what you're saying but it's a bad analogy.

Reactions: damitjim
This is easily the most immature point of view I run across when talking about rules or laws. Seriously, it's like I'm talking to a 9 year old. Surely you don't actually believe that a driver's license serves no purpose because people still speed and get in accidents, do you? I'm not even sure how to speak with you without condescension because that concept is ludicrous.
Really, you just don't get it. Drivers licenses don't make good drivers, training and practice does. I grew up on a farm I drove equipment on the road by myself since age 9. I followed the rules and didn't cause problems. I didn't magically become a driver when I turned 16 and memorized the drivers manual well enough to to pass the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie