5000 views in 24 hours

Reaction score
Hello dear pilots,

My most recent video posted only 2 days ago has already amassed over 5000 views on Vimeo (not YouTube) and I have been contacted yet again by people who want to use my footage for a number of reasons. Was not expecting such a fast pickup but apparently people are enjoying it. Here is the skypixel link (which is linked to YouTube):

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/mauritius-in-4k-dji-inspire-1?keyword=mauritius&filter=videos

Would love to see this video appear in the top choices on Skypixel. Please do share it if you wish.

Last edited:
Reactions: snerd
Good stuff. Obviously you get to travel alot. How do you do it?

Good stuff. Obviously you get to travel alot. How do you do it?
Hi and thanks for your feedback. I work in a wonderful job that allows me to travel quite a bit for professional reasons, but I also spend a fair amount of money to travel with the family as well. You sort of get hooked to discovering things and I find it is a great way to expose my son to the variety our world has to offer. I am extremely grateful of the opportunity I have as I know not everyone can do the same.
Cheers

Well you can say what you like about the Inspire but it's hard to deny it turns out a great video. Well done. I'm not surprised this is proving very popular. Nice editing and the music compliments it well.

What drone&camera&FPV equipment do you use, and what software for editing? Pan and tilt aren't always the smoothest with the P2V+ ;-)

Do you do many retakes? I was particularly impressed with that fly-through, between the two peaks. I've tried that a few times and nearly soiled myself with worry about crashing. lol

Dude....Thats some incredible footage and you should be shocked it has not gotten more hits than it has already. Perhaps your a natural or maybe just honed your skills over time but i tell people all the time its all about telling a story in your 1 to 3 min video and you slammed it home.

great footage, great transitions, great audio, and an actual story being told and i very very very rarely see that.

im gonna push this vid tomorrow and see if we can get many more hits!

Good work Bro! keep it up.

What drone&camera&FPV equipment do you use, and what software for editing? Pan and tilt aren't always the smoothest with the P2V+ ;-)

Do you do many retakes? I was particularly impressed with that fly-through, between the two peaks. I've tried that a few times and nearly soiled myself with worry about crashing. lol
I agree, this is all with the DJI Inspire 1. I would never have dared with my Phantom.

Everything was done by 1 operator (myself) and no re-takes. The fly through was a risky one as it was over 1km away and close to 400m altitude (not my usual flying spectrum) but the end result was pretty good. I was just hoping to hell that the signal wouldn't cut after I crossed the peaks because that would have been bye-bye. Calculated risk however as no one lives in that area and no copters or planes fly at such low altitude near the peaks so worst case scenario would have been the loss of the Inspire 1.

I'm happy you enjoyed the video, please do share if you feel it makes sense. Cheers.

Dude....Thats some incredible footage and you should be shocked it has not gotten more hits than it has already. Perhaps your a natural or maybe just honed your skills over time but i tell people all the time its all about telling a story in your 1 to 3 min video and you slammed it home.

great footage, great transitions, great audio, and an actual story being told and i very very very rarely see that.

im gonna push this vid tomorrow and see if we can get many more hits!

Good work Bro! keep it up.
Thanks for you note, it is truly appreciated. YouTube hasn't picked up much on the video but Vimeo has and I'm now over 20 000 views in 3 days which is really good from where I stand. I appreciate your comment about 'telling a story' as it indirectly is something I try to do each time I produce a video, starting with the musical content. I don't know if I have a certain talent for this kind of thing or not, but I sure am having fun doing it, so spending the long hours editing the footage while I'm on holidays with the family actually calms me and allows me to escape from the usual stress associated to work.

Let me know where you will push this video as I'd like to see what kind of traction we can get. I know a whole lot of people in Mauritius have contacted me and feel really happy about the end result.

Cheers.

Ditto on Eckoner's take!

Pgaucher, I loved your choice of music in the first link - reminded me of something I might hear at a Cirque de Soleil show. I was wondering what the rules are for using someone else's music - I'm sure one must get a release or something? Not sure how to go about that....

...or is that also you on the piano in the second video? Wouldn't be surprised!

Also, I don't know if I could get that same smoothness as you yaw around a scene, even though I practice that all the time...nice work

Ditto on Eckoner's take!

I was wondering what the rules are for using someone else's music - I'm sure one must get a release or something? Not sure how to go about that....
Hi there, for the music, it's pretty simple: I purchase the rights. I mainly use 2 sites for musical content.
1- www.premiumbeat.com (each song costs about $70 USD)
2- www.audionetwork.com (various pricing models depending on usage)

All my videos include royalty free music I fully purchased. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. Unauthorised usage of other people's music is very risky and not something I want to venture into. Have a look at the above sites. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Thank you very much pgaucher - that is just what I was looking for!

an excellent video for sure. But you're a tad short of 5,000 hits.
1401 on youtube and 17 on skypixel don't add up.

As for music rights, license with BMI and ASCAP and forget the outrageious per song license.
Then you can use what ever they have ON YOUR SITE though.
That's what I do for my music site.

You posted the same thread in inspirePilots.com with the title saying 15000 views in 24 hours. earlier someone there questioned your intuition and I thought they were joking...

an excellent video for sure. But you're a tad short of 5,000 hits.
1401 on youtube and 17 on skypixel don't add up.

As for music rights, license with BMI and ASCAP and forget the outrageious per song license.
Yes, skypixel is not recording the views accurately. I'm actually over 21 000 views to date on Vimeo. Here is the link:

You posted the same thread in inspirePilots.com with the title saying 15000 views in 24 hours. earlier someone there questioned your intuition and I thought they were joking...
As I mentioned in the opening, YouTube hasn't picked up that much, but Vimeo has. It already has over 21 000 views and will be featured on the official Mauritius Tourism Authority website in a few days. Just look at the comments from the Mauritians who watched the video and you will see they were touched by it. Hope this clarifies. Cheers

I'll look into that, as well. Still not sure what editing software to use but I'm researching that as well...

Spectacular footage and nice editing. XLNT music choices. Very professional!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl