500 metre flight

Reaction score
OK... So I decided to use litchi for a way point mission but this time all to do with height rather then distance. I was surprised that I had some live feed now and then.

And yes... I did make sure I was more then 5 miles away from an airport. And also I checked the plane pathways and it doesn't come over where I am. Also I launched from a massive (and I do mean massive) golf course when it wasn't opened so if the worst happened and it drops then it would be on the golf course.

Hope you guys like the footage

Neon Euc

Last edited:
Impressive, I wouldn't have the balls to do that and I live in a fairly remote area where height isn't an issue or distance for that matter. Was litchi still chatting to you during the flight despite losing feed? And nice background music, right up my alley.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Really nice. I have a new P4 that I'm setting up, and look forward to doing that. What were your camera settings, and what editing software do you use?
Regards,
Terry

Impressive, I wouldn't have the balls to do that and I live in a fairly remote area where height isn't an issue or distance for that matter. Was litchi still chatting to you during the flight despite losing feed? And nice background music, right up my alley.
Thanks glad you enjoyed it. [emoji4] litchi will always carry on the mission when it loses signal as it gets programmed into it. Really fun to do

Neon Euc

Really nice. I have a new P4 that I'm setting up, and look forward to doing that. What were your camera settings, and what editing software do you use?
Regards,
Terry
Thanks for the feedback. The settings was all on auto for the camera. I filmed it on 2.4K at 60FPS (I think.. It was the highest setting anyway) but I didn't change anything like exposure. I use wonder share filmora to get it as it's a great editor to use

Neon Euc

It all looks nice up there Neon, no question. The following should be self explanatory,

That full size AC is doing 250+ knots at just over 1500ft.

They fly closer to the golf course also. This one is performing a descent however quite a few are dead on 1600, nice and close to your 500m.

IMG_0294.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc and Loz
It all looks nice up there Neon, no question. The following should be self explanatory,

They fly closer to the golf course also. This one is performing a descent however quite a few are dead on 1600, nice and close to your 500m.

View attachment 75753

Where do you get that info on flight paths etc on full size aircraft? Is it a live view of the aircrafts current position?

View attachment 75753

Thanks mate. I tried to get as much out if this as I can [emoji4]

Neon Euc

Where do you get that info on flight paths etc on full size aircraft? Is it a live view of the aircrafts current position?
I can't remember the site of by hand as it's bookmarked on my laptop. As soon as I get home I will give you the link

Neon Euc

I can't remember the site of by hand as it's bookmarked on my laptop. As soon as I get home I will give you the link

Neon Euc

Disregard, just found the app. "Flightradar24". Absolutely incredible for real time altitude and aircraft type that are inbound. Took me about 30 sec of having the free version to realize I needed to buy it!

Thanks mate. I tried to get as much out if this as I can [emoji4]

Neon Euc
You can't rely on the flight radar apps to tell you what is likely to be in the Airspace you oropose to occupy. Many small aircraft you won't see (they don't carry the hardware to announce their presence). I was suprised to see when I looked yesterday around where you flew (at a reasonable distance) a small Robinson at 200 ft and a larger private heli at 600ft. Even the commercial airliners observed to fly close to that golf course you were operating above (identifiable from your footage on YouTube) it's scary how many are at or below 1600ft. I really hope you consider the potential outcome of future flying high in this area.

You can't rely on the flight radar apps to tell you what is likely to be in the Airspace you oropose to occupy. Many small aircraft you won't see (they don't carry the hardware to announce their presence). I was suprised to see when I looked yesterday around where you flew (at a reasonable distance) a small Robinson at 200 ft and a larger private heli at 600ft. Even the commercial airliners observed to fly close to that golf course you were operating above (identifiable from your footage on YouTube) it's scary how many are at or below 1600ft. I really hope you consider the potential outcome of future flying high in this area.
Totally agree with what your saying. I have been living here since 1998 and so far there hasn't been any changes that I have notices with the air space. Obviously if something did change it would be at a time I would likely have missed it, but I do take on board with what your saying which is why that was a one off 5 min flight at max height. Usually I fly between 90-150 metres max. Now I done that max height their is no need for me to do it again. Got that footage. That's all I need [emoji4][emoji4]

Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl