500 meter limit altitude hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see you are in Arizona where the limit is 400 ft. Sorry but your one of the guys well read about. Drone up at 2000 ft in commercial airspace or a Cesna windshield crashed by a drone and the pilot was severely injured.
Get my drift. Fly safe and do us all a favor. But I guess in the mountains that height above ground is not dangerous. Sorry for the rant.
Maybe you need to see a mountain another thing commercial plane as close as 2000' of a mountain never read that one in my FAA hand book or ground school. when you go west away from virgin ant hills mountains around us pass 9000' and some probably like the one our friend mentioned a person can stand within 500' if we catch a commercial plane or sunday driver that close we better hide.

They do fly pretty low in the Welsh mountains - many times I have looked down onto a fast jet. Then you realise how well the cammo works!
Google MachLoop - loads of great photos.
They dont fly weekends though or I would worry!!!

I have successfully hacked the 500 meter altitude limit in DJI Go and flown my P3P 609 meters (2000 feet) straight up using the DJI Go app.

Here is the hack:
1) Buy the Litchi app
2) Sign up as an Alpha tester for the P3 version
3) Once you have the Alpha version for the P3, connect Litchi to the controller and the P3 and set the maximum altitude to 2000 feet (or anything above 1640 feet / 500 meters)
4) Power off the tablet, the controller and the P3
5) Power everything back on as normal.
6) Launch DJI Go
7) Confirm the maximum altitude is over 500 meters (what ever value you set in Litchi)
8) Fly as normal. If you reach the new set altitude it will report as normal that you have reached the maximum altitude. As far as I could tell everything in DJI Go worked normally.

This procedure needs to be done for each flight as it will default back to 120 meters.

Please fly responsibly! The only reason I wanted to fly over 500 meters is to do aerial video over mountains. I generally always remain below 400 feet above the ground. I see no point in flying this high over flat ground as it can be dangerous to aircraft.

View attachment 28323

Is this still possible on the latest Phantom 3 Pro firmware? Thank you.

For reference, this short clip was taken from about 304m/997' higher than where I took off. Until I went over the edge I wasn't more than 50' above the ground. No aircraft there, I can promise you that. And behind the camera was a glacier and peak that were probably another couple hundred meters higher that I couldn't get as high as.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So, while many of us want the limit raised/removed, we are probably the responsible ones that won't fly more than 300-400' above the ground level, but there are always a$$holes that will do whatever they want, and F everyone else (including flying over wildfires and causing firefight aircraft to be grounded). I don't like the limit, but I can see why it's there - not everyone is a decent person.
Wow, that's an awesome shot. Be careful to maintain radio line of sight or the bird will lose signal and RTH. Also, I'd set the RTH to your max height to ensure no problems if it does lose signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic