50 degree Fahrenheit long term storage of batteries

Reaction score
With cold weather on it's way I am starting to think about low temp storage of batteries. This is my first winter storing batteries. I currently keep them in my basement which has a year round temp between 50-68 degrees Fahrenheit. Is 50 degrees Fahrenheit to low for long term storage?

Thanks.

I would say that is near perfect, just avoid freezing.

But there is a lot of info on LiPos if you use the Google website to review manufacturers recommendations.

Sure it's easy to just ask here but there's so much BS on the web that I would check the info against some citeable sources when it comes to such an expensive investment.

Reactions: bobmyers
With cold weather on it's way I am starting to think about low temp storage of batteries. This is my first winter storing batteries. I currently keep them in my basement which has a year round temp between 50-68 degrees Fahrenheit. Is 50 degrees Fahrenheit to low for long term storage?

Thanks.
No, slightly lower is even better, since the higher the temperature the more rapidly the flight time of the LiPo deteriorates. I keep mine in the refrigerator at about 50% discharge, but be careful to avoid condensation.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl