5 STARS FOR DJI SUPPORT/REPAIR

Reaction score
Hello all!
Long story short had a semi minor incident with myP3. Ie, Hard Landing per se. No major damage on aircraft except left rear LG popped a sensor out, battery popped and one broke prop. Major damage was Gimbal /camera. Camera sheared off at yaw arm without any noticeable damage to camera. Could not understand why the shearing of the yaw arm. Only rapid descent from approx 8 ft.

Anyway my fault per se as I initiated this landinding to save aircraft. Contacted the DJI Auth dealer in FLA, advised me the whole camera, gimbal ect would have to be replaced as they nor DJI can repair just the gimbal yaw ect. Contacted DJI directly in Cal. Explained what happened ect. Sent me a RMA return shipping label free. Sent it off.
They read my report, inspected P3. They replaced my landing gear, modules in gear legs, another component and repaired gimbal/camera assy, benched check and test flew it. It is now on the way back to me. My total cost $159.00.

Nothing else to say DJI Support BRAVO ZULU!!

Not bad considering the camera is around $400. I guess it wasn't under warranty? Do u know if it I worth the money for the extended warranty through DJI, or should I look somewhere else like a third-party warranty.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Was a great deal and warranty only came into play on things that should have never broke. Everything is on me like I said previously.
If you refering to DJI's Care program it's a great deal, however, you have to get it at the same time you buy quad.Another words new. You can get it after sale or a used quad, however, there is a lot of footwork, criteria and even submitting videos prior to purchase. So unless you get the DJI Care from the get go, you would be better off with a 2nd party program.

UPDATE:
Got my aircraft back. Found out they replaced both landing gear and all modules, repaired gimbal/camera assy, bench and test flown. Fired up late this afternoon. Worked just as good or better than new. More responsive, acquired sats faster. Ect Flew about 20 minutes or so. Only issue I had after landing last time, aircraft idled down. Then about 2 minutes sitting there it did an uncommanded take off. I recovered it quickly and landed. It only got about 3 ft off the ground I. Didn't touch anything!. Got It landed and let it idle for a few minutes and nothing else. Guess gremlins..
Anyway, still give DJI Props ++

That's pretty freaky man. I hope that never happens to me. It's nice that everything else works as it should. Who did your repairs, is it a warranty through DJI, or do u have a third-party warranty?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

UPDATE:
Got my aircraft back. Found out they replaced both landing gear and all modules, repaired gimbal/camera assy, bench and test flown. Fired up late this afternoon. Worked just as good or better than new. More responsive, acquired sats faster. Ect Flew about 20 minutes or so. Only issue I had after landing last time, aircraft idled down. Then about 2 minutes sitting there it did an uncommanded take off. I recovered it quickly and landed. It only got about 3 ft off the ground I. Didn't touch anything!. Got It landed and let it idle for a few minutes and nothing else. Guess gremlins..
Anyway, still give DJI Props ++

Never let it idle on the ground. When you land shutdown. This has happened to others before for unexplained reasons.

Ok, and thanx for advice it's appreciated. However, never had this happen and haven't heard of any issues anywhere. Please post links to previous.

DJI California was awesome with me. The turnover was quick, they were polite, and even though they never explained the battery turning off mid-flight, they charged me nothing and stuck by the warranty.

Zero stars here. I've had a ticket open since January 5th when my P3P went haywire and ditched itself in a semi frozen lake in Maine. Today they closed the ticket without any resolution other than an offer to buy a new one from them. Ridiculous. My logs and video prove their fault.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr