5 months into hobby 1600 bucks later and I had a fly away

Re: 5 months into hobby 1600 bucks later and I had a fly awa

jumanoc said:
goatman said:
hey guys check this out I m just at the end of my rope and at a last ditch effort I see that there is some type of reset button on the phantom. . I pushed it with a small screwdriver and also clicked the reset on the wi fi (why I don't know) but I did.. Now I really messed it up cause the phantom doesn't connect to the Ipod ..On the I pod it shows Im connected to the wi fi but nothing else...Thankfully it connects to the TX.. So now what do I do...well I took the camera off and decided to fly blind NO Ipod all I'm relying on is the light sequence on the Bird...WELL HOLY **** It flies like a champ!! Hovers PERFECT but with no camera attatched... WTF did I do??

PLEASE How DO I get the bird to connect to the WIFI?? What good is it if it flies perfectly without the camera??

Here is how to... also check how to do it with QR-Code Scan.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I will try it now :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

HOLY CRAP!!!!!! ITS FIXED!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So What was it?? was it the antenna? .... I can see though that where I am the reception isn't the greatest with the other antenna it WAS better.... HMMM Maybe the foil mod?????

I can't believe that Its been resurrected..... IS that a reset button onder the phantom?? by the leg with the compass there is a little hole I noticed the switch when AI had the cover off...

I CAN"T BELIEVE THIS!!!! But I must figure out what it was....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ;) :cool: :cool: :cool: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That button is used to link the TX to the RX. Doubtful it was the original problem though. :?: :?:

Glad you got it worked out.

Hey fellas?.....

Now that I had time to think about what happened , trace back all my steps for that day, I have come to the conclusion as to why this incident happened.

First off I must say that It was NOT the GPS mod.

It was user error on my part.

I had flown earlier that AM and since it was 20 times on the battery ( they want you to drain it down to keep the battery alive ) ,I flew it to about 18% then placed it in the hatchback, left the bird on (not spinning) , shut off the controller

left the I pod on and drove around to run an errand. From placing the bird in the car, the compass gave me a warning on the I pod screen I thought nothing of it... the battery drained I recharged it 2 hours later I went back to fly it, NEVER resetting the compass (what a *******)...

luckily it only bounced twice before lodging itself into a snow pile in the parking lot.. the snow saved it...

So it wasn't the GPS , it wasn't a bridged solder joint.,, It was just an error on my part..

So now I'm back to the stock GPS antenna, barely getting 5 sats in my back yard..

So I was looking into putting more shielding over the module.. So wanting desperately to fly I gathered up one of those antistatic bags to get from buying a motherboard , or hard drive cut out a piece to fit over it and using some 2 way tape, I covered it up.

And whatta you know that worked!! I went from wasting 10% of battery waiting for 5 satts and never going further TO 8 satts in a 3- minute wait time.

So I just wanted to clear this up that it was NOT anything to do with a Mechanical error..IT WAS MY MISTAKE THAT I WILL NEVER DO AGAIN.

Goat

goatman said:
Hey fellas?.....

Now that I had time to think about what happened , trace back all my steps for that day, I have come to the conclusion as to why this incident happened.

First off I must say that It was NOT the GPS mod.

It was user error on my part.

I had flown earlier that AM and since it was 20 times on the battery ( they want you to drain it down to keep the battery alive ) ,I flew it to about 18% then placed it in the hatchback, left the bird on (not spinning) , shut off the controller

left the I pod on and drove around to run an errand. From placing the bird in the car, the compass gave me a warning on the I pod screen I thought nothing of it... the battery drained I recharged it 2 hours later I went back to fly it, NEVER resetting the compass (what a *******)...

luckily it only bounced twice before lodging itself into a snow pile in the parking lot.. the snow saved it...

So it wasn't the GPS , it wasn't a bridged solder joint.,, It was just an error on my part..

So now I'm back to the stock GPS antenna, barely getting 5 sats in my back yard..

So I was looking into putting more shielding over the module.. So wanting desperately to fly I gathered up one of those antistatic bags to get from buying a motherboard , or hard drive cut out a piece to fit over it and using some 2 way tape, I covered it up.

And whatta you know that worked!! I went from wasting 10% of battery waiting for 5 satts and never going further TO 8 satts in a 3- minute wait time.

So I just wanted to clear this up that it was NOT anything to do with a Mechanical error..IT WAS MY MISTAKE THAT I WILL NEVER DO AGAIN.

Goat

Thank you for posting this follow up, I wish everyone would do this, it would make the forums so much more productive.

Jeremy

yes its in NAZA mode

As I sit here and see if it still works, I re attached the wires found all but one rubber stabilizer cut off some of the battery plastic so it will fit back in,I turn everything on and it still works! On the desk that is ... without the props they all spin..

BUT as I test it I shut off the bird but the controller and wifi I pod are still on.... after about 5 minutes the controller starts beeping,I never heard this before, SO I replaced the batteries in the controller and the beeps stopped... Is this supposed to beep when the batteries are getting low? or is it an "idiot beep" to let you know after the fact that the batteries are low ..

I am so pissed off cause if that was it....but it cant be cause I just put new ones in maybe 4 or 5 flights ago....

Beeping controller. I had a p1 for 2.5 years and the AA batteries lasted the whole time. Got a p3, and sold the p1 to a buddy. First time out with the buddy, showing him how to use it, it started beeping. I had no idea, but being a good boy scout, i was prepared and had 4 AAs along. We replaced 'em and all was good. So yes, that's what it means.

It also beeps if you have the throttle up when you turn it on.... P1 controller that is.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl